Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    yellothar

I D/Led some movies *cough*ENVY*cough* and I can't get them to work right. They are DivX, and I have a DivX program. It just stays a black screen, even in WMP with the DivX codec or whatever. It just plays a black screen with no sound the whole time. It is AVIs and I have no clue whats wrong.

Thanks

Some guy on the net who likes to eat chicken

Super Moderator

Which version of the DivX codec are you using, and older one, or the latest? You might try getting the latest from the developers, and if that does not solve the problem, you should seek help on the Divx.com forum.

is the problem all the movies you downloaded or just some of them the problem could be the downloads especially if they were from a p2p network

yellothar

Well, my Chappelle's Show clips work in it and so do the Futurama and Family Guy episodes. I just can't seem to figure out why the Movies don't. It just displays a black screen with no sound, but the play bar moves!

Are you sure that it requires the DivX codec and not XviD?
    Alex Levine
    OldVersion.com
    Helper

yellothar

I'm pretty sure, unless the title is lying...

But I also have Soul Plane and it says XVid, but I don't know where to get that.

you could try G-Spot or the other utilities posted in this thread to try to determine what codecs you require

[QUOTE]the reason why you can play some movies and some not is because they use different codecs. you should download a codec pack like nemo codec pack. just search goolgle codec pack, download it and i'm pretty sure you can play them. or download powerdvd= very powerfull movie player. h34r:

http://www.gocyberlink.com/english/product.../5/editions.jsp you can get power dvd from this link although it really isnt much better than some of the freeware titles already listed in threads in the forums