Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Curious

on the P2Ps (like kazaa) how does the RIAA get the IP addresses? is it from when you download files from one of their usernames? or is it from them downloading files from your usernames? or both? anybody know? just curious as to how it works...an answer would be much appreciated.

usually how it works is, say youve downloaded an eminem song, and the riaa happens to be targeting that song that day, they search for that song, and your username comes up, (now i havent used kazaa in a long time, so catch me on this) but when its downloading if you browse the host i believe it shows your ip and the list of songs you have shared.

i really hope they get all your ips and perhaps this spam will stop bogging the site down

They can only get you if you share so if you turn it off you cant get sued. If you just download they can't know what your ip is. PeerGuardian is good at blocking riaa ip's from connecting to your computer.

Originally posted by Guest@May 26 2004, 04:37 PM
    They can only get you if you share so if you turn it off you cant get sued. If you just download they can't know what your ip is. PeerGuardian is good at blocking riaa ip's from connecting to your computer.
    you live in dream land pal dont preach rubbish .copyright stuff is protected and downloading it is illegal stopping sharing files wont protect you thats crap and apps such as peer guardian only block known ips, read through the forums and learn a little about how things work.

guest_guest

Originally posted by Guest@May 25 2004, 09:00 AM
    i really hope they get all your ips and perhaps this spam will stop bogging the site down
    sure glad i didnt reg here..what a load of sh*t you are...cya

Super Moderator

Originally posted by guest_guest+May 26 2004, 07:24 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (guest_guest @ May 26 2004, 07:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Guest@May 25 2004, 09:00 AM
    sure glad i didnt reg here..what a load of sh*t you are...cya[/b][/quote]
    If you take notice, not a single poster (except mine) is from a registered member, all are guests post (not all guests are bad posters either&#33. So don&#39;t blame what a few poster post on the site. Besides, if discouraging illegal acts is a bad concept to you, then yea, it is a good thing you did not register, as no one here at Oldversion condones illegal activities.
    Using p2p apps is not intended for piracy. It can and is often used for accessing legal files, just look at the popularity of bit torrent and all the torrents for downloading GNU/LINUX distros, most releases are just on torrents before anywhere else.

thanks for the comment locofurnace, some of us who arent registered are just as proud to visit oldversion as the unregistered who drop this kazaa spam daily, dont know others reasons but i dint register cuz i visit so many forums it would be a hassle signing in when i visit them all

Beta

Originally posted by Guest@May 27 2004, 05:24 PM
    thanks for the comment locofurnace, some of us who arent registered are just as proud to visit oldversion as the unregistered who drop this kazaa spam daily, dont know others reasons but i dint register cuz i visit so many forums it would be a hassle signing in when i visit them all
    If you are the guest that seems to be supporting oldversion.com of late , it is just as quick to post as a registered member than as a guest. There is no ad/spy-ware so my system always remembers my login and connects without any hassle.

Originally posted by Jaime Andrés+May 27 2004, 01:41 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jaime Andrés @ May 27 2004, 01:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Guest@May 27 2004, 05:24 PM
    If you are the guest that seems to be supporting oldversion.com of late , it is just as quick to post as a registered member than as a guest. There is no ad/spy-ware so my system always remembers my login and connects without any hassle. [/b][/quote]
    i visit and support many a forum ,didnt realise i had added enough content to get noticed though, i hope my contributions have been helpful to all that have read them, on a final note if you think my posts have been helpful i may register sometime