Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally posted by Guest Unregistered@May 27 2004, 05:25 PM
    i visit and support many a forum ,didnt realise i had added enough content to get noticed though, i hope my contributions have been helpful to all that have read them, on a final note if you think my posts have been helpful i may register sometime
    Yes I think that could be helpful as I struggle to guess which guest you guest post as and then sometimes my loginfo gets stripped out and it ends up a guest post can you guess which ones, look for guid&#39;s, but as some look like me but are not,example: Guest << = me Guest << = not me, I&#39;m guessing the paymaster is also having the same problem guessing which guest guest posted what, as my cheque still hasnt arrived.
    yes I&#39;ve seen your other guest posts in the other forums,the ones that werent mine of course,yes they were helpful so much so that I would consider fowarding a portion of my cheque (more details via p.m.)

Ok Ok&#33; so you guest right this time only another three thousand two hundred sixty <s>five</s> six to go.

To paymaster: as my cheque hasnt arrived is the pay based on quality not quantity (I actually have more posts than locustfurnace&#33; ) Those website stats are horribly unreliable for the reasons I have described but I&#39;m considering not claiming for any double posts,errors or other unrequisite postings.

also do I have to share the profits of my posts that get edited.If not I&#39;ll try blank posting and seeing if they again autofill with content.

Super Moderator

Originally posted by Guest@May 31 2004, 01:24 AM
    also do I have to share the profits of my posts that get edited.If not I&#39;ll try blank posting and seeing if they again autofill with content.
    Yes you do, thats called Collaboration&#33; (hoping I spelt that correct, else might see that magickal leper *poof* on the board again&#33

silent hacker

all of you who use kazaa, wach out becaus im waching all of you that yous kazaa&#33;

Super Moderator

Originally posted by silent hacker@May 31 2004, 05:26 PM
    all of you who use kazaa, wach out becaus im waching all of you that yous kazaa&#33;
    Your watching all 60 million + users??

silent hacker

no :P

zoidy

Originally posted by Guest+May 26 2004, 04:55 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Guest @ May 26 2004, 04:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Guest@May 26 2004, 04:37 PM
    They can only get you if you share so if you turn it off you cant get sued. If you just download they can&#39;t know what your ip is. PeerGuardian is good at blocking riaa ip&#39;s from connecting to your computer.
    you live in dream land pal dont preach rubbish .copyright stuff is protected and downloading it is illegal stopping sharing files wont protect you thats crap and apps such as peer guardian only block known ips, read through the forums and learn a little about how things work.[/b][/quote]
    First of all the IP address is always revealed regardless of if you are up or downloading. While it does not apply to all jurisdications downloading files usually is not prohibited only uploading (of course the former cannot be accomplished with the latter). So, although it completely works against the idea of file-sharing disabling the upload respectively sharing files usually (depends on the jurisdication of your country) puts you on the safe side.

zoidy

Originally posted by zoidy@Jun 1 2004, 02:01 PM
    .... accomplished with the ....
    :huh: without

Super Moderator

Originally posted by zoidy@Jun 1 2004, 02:01 PM
    While it does not apply to all jurisdications downloading files usually is not prohibited only uploading (of course the former cannot be accomplished with the latter).
    To clairify.
    The act of using p2p is not illegal. The act of Uploading and Downloading is not illegal. The act of Sharing files is not illegal.
    It&#39;s when you are downloading or uploading or hosting copyrighted works which prohibit redistribution. This applies to copyrighted movies, copyrighted music, copyrighted software.
    If you are downloading the latest top songs, thats illegal. Since you did not pay for the song you have no permission to posess a copy of it. So downloading is illegal if the works prohibt copying and or redistributing.
    If you create a song, you automatically own the copyright to the song, it&#39;s copyrighted by you, you can decide who can possess a copy of the song. If you want to share it with the world, you can upload it (legal) on a p2p app, and others can download it (legal). Same thing applies to videos or software.
    But most people are downloading movies, songs and software that is prohibited from being copied, shared. thats the illegal part.
    The only reason some people feel downloading copyrighted works prohibited from distribution is not illegal, which it is, is due to the fact that the recent press coverage of the RIAA (a company that protects songwriters copyrights) has so far only been making noise over those who are offering copyrighted songs for download.
    You can not be sued for downloading songs which are in the public domain (license) or when the copyright holder permits songs to be shared. But these are few and far between on these networks.
    mp3.com had many legal songs on it which could be downloaded and passed around legally. The songwriters retain the copyright, but permit people to listen to, share, burn to CD.

Originally posted by locustfurnace+May 31 2004, 08:48 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (locustfurnace @ May 31 2004, 08:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--silent hacker@May 31 2004, 05:26 PM
    Your watching all 60 million + users?? [/b][/quote]
    60 million users that one heck of a big pile of dud files and virus ridden crap, hey figure this you kazaa lovers , if you download dud files what do you do, go get another one , and when thats dud you go get another one so thus increasing your chances of getting noticed and if your real lucky the riaa might get you before you finish downloading the whole album and then you get a huge fine and perhaps lose your computer ,your job if youre downloading at work , and if the fines big enough you may even lose your house to pay it. SAD really aint it

Anyone with the name Silent_Hacker and a 5 year old trendy art pic of system of a down, or anything with system of a down, screams psuedo "angry teenage rebel" who more likely than not...is a script kiddy&#33; grow up kid.