Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Default Micrografix Picture Publisher V.8 (plus) german

Hello dear friends,
    since roundabout 2 years I'm searching for: see title.
    In the years of using Win95, I was using an official version of MPP, later, using W2Kpro, I was continuing.
    Again with the feeling of satisfaction.
    Later, I've lost the CD, I was trying Photoshop and Gimp, but always having tears in my eyes, remembering MPP: simple, powerful and intuitiv.
    Is there any help to get a free version of MPP in copy or original? For example an magazine issue or anything similar?
    Anyone who has the original and likes to give the prog away to muck out his/hers collection of CD's? (How: send an PM)
    German version preferred, but english version is welcome, too.
    I've tried to search by google for a download-link but they all were dead links.
    No magazine-archive, no download-site, no anything was giving a pale shadow of hope.
    Is there anyone who can give a hint or anything else ( : "send me your adress, and I will send you the original cd and the manual" )?

Greetings from germany

MaxHeadroom

P.S.:
    @ the mods: you need old versions? Maybe, I can look at my collection.
    How will you recieve?

MH
    Last edited by MaxHeadroom; 09-09-2009 at 04:00 PM.

Grandma (moderator)

Default Micrografx Picture Publisher

Hallo,
    It was really not easy to find a download link for Micrografx Picture Publisher vers.8 (file name pp8trial.exe). I got this link from a German site, but the language is English. If the download link doesn't work, try this site.
    I have downloaded the file and started an installation checking the file version. I also uploaded the file to VirusTotal. According to them the file was clean (no virus), but you (or I) can never be 100% certain.

Micrografx Picture Publisher vers. 8.0.1

Viel Glück!
    Last edited by Therese; 09-09-2009 at 10:50 PM.

Beta

Hey there ^^

Going slightly off topic, but just in case someone would need, I have version 7 both in german, english, french and italian. That came with the drivers and applications CD for my previous scanner about 10 or 11 years ago ; seems to be the complete versions.

It also has version 5 on it, but in english only it seems.

Default To Constance

Dear Constance, I have been looking for a copy of Micrografix Picture Publisher 7, in english, for many years now. I used to use the program and was delighted with the way it worked for me. Then came a problem, possibly a virus and it did not work properly, I have forgotten how exactly, Then I tried to upgrade to version 8. Disaster. Niether vesion worked and I gave up. I have lost contact with the friend who gave me the original good copy to put on my computer, I had returned his copy of the program and did not have a copy. I was delighted to read your description which fits my requirements exactly. I derive great pleasure from being able to correct photographic faults and the ability to 'Restore' old and damaged photographs for friends. I make no charge for what I do. I am retired and it is nice to feel usefull once more. My E-Mail address is 'georgeanthony@hotmail.co.uk' and my oldversion name is 'george625'. I know that we can send pictures via 'Windows Live Messenger' by putting them into a sharing window. both the sender and the reciever have to indicate that they want to make the transfer. can we send programs the same way? or how could we do it if you are willing? Thank You.

Beta

Hi george, glad to know these files will finally be of use to someone :}

I uploaded the setup files of english version 7, packed in a zip archive, there : PicturePublisher7EnglishSetupFiles.zip

Default Micrografx Picture Publisher

Is it legal to give someone a copy from the original CD? I have Micrografx 10 and don't mind making free copies if I won't go to jail.