Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Macro

yELLOthar

I'm looking for a program that can record what I do and the do it many many times! Like it records where the mouse goes and clicks and what I type on the keyboard. It would also help is it could change certain things everytime, for example, the user name z567810 would be typed z567811 and then z567812 and just keep going up! I'm not sure if there is a program out there that can do that, but if there is a auto program, would it be hard to code it to do that?

Super Moderator

• WinKeySim (Freeware)
      is a freeware program for Windows 95 and later and Windows NT 4.0 and later. WinKeySim gives keyboard macro support for practically any Windows program that supports keyboard input.
    • GhostMouse 2.0 (Freeware)
      records system-level mouse events that can be played back so the computer can execute and operate applications on its own. GhostMouse can be placed in the Windows startup group so preprogrammed tasks are carried out when Windows starts up. v2.0 offers improved performance, two new features, and smaller program size.
    • AutoHotkey (Freeware)
      A keyboard, joystick, and mouse remapper. simple yet powerful hotkey (shortcut key) scripting language for Windows, supporting both mouse and keyboard macros.
    • Hotkeycontrol XP (Freeware)
      is a complete hotkey utility that allows you to set hotkeys to do common tasks like opening files, ejecting your cdrom drives, restarting your computer, controlling active windows, controlling Windows media player and Winamp 3, changing volume, typing in commonly used text (macros) and much more.

• Keyboard Express (Shareware)
      is a Windows keyboard macro utility. It allows you to issue just about any series of keystrokes to your windows applications with the touch of a key.
    • Macro Scheduler (Shareware)
      Windows Scripting Made Easy - Whether you need to automate your email collection and just simplify a few key clicks at home; or integrate disparate systems across your enterprise, perform SQA automation, and automate your business processes, Macro Scheduler Windows Scripting technology provides the solution.
    • Macro Magic (Shareware)
      Blast through your tasks with ease! Record mouse movements and keystrokes, access web sites, ....

Originally posted by yELLOthar@May 25 2004, 01:42 PM
    It would also help is it could change certain things everytime, for example, the user name z567810 would be typed z567811 and then z567812 and just keep going up!
    What are you needing that for? If you give an ideal what your wanting it for, it may be easier to locate something. Are you wanting the incremental name changing so it can change filenames? such as changing filename000.txt, filename001.txt, filename002.txt, filename003.txt.

There are programs for changing filenames already.
    • Flexible Renamer (Freeware)
      a file/folder renaming utility, which can use Wildcard or Regular-Expression and Tag-information (MP3, EXIF).

If your wanting to gain unauthorized access to websites, by using such a program, just note, that your IP address is logged and all errors produced from wrong login names do get flagged in an access-denied log and the website operators can very easily track you down.

Previous Posting, iOpus Internet Macros

yELLOthar

I'm not trying to cheat sites...

I'm trying to get the computer to make eMail accounts for me so I can use them to get extras in a game.

Hello, seeing how there already was this macro automatation topic created (and pretty dead) I thought I should put my macro request here. I have not been requesting old versions, but simply programs that do certain functions, i do it becaue I simply dont know any program that does what I'm seeking for old or new, and I think oldversion has a very functional mindset, so I chose to seek my programs here for that reason.
    I'm still not sure if this is ok, I hope so =/, please clarify

I am looking for a program that at the hit of a hotkey can launch any program I desire, and then trigger a function in it, no matter what window I've got open, or if the program's icon is visisble and whitout changing the focus of my windows, or taking up my mouse/keyboard, and in the fastest form posible.

from what I know AutoIT is the best for this, but it's completly based on scripting the macros yourself, and I have trully no idea how to script macros(I'm an artist not coder...)

is there any program out there like this that requires *the least posible coding/no coding at all*?

the most common alternative is recording your actions, but this usually leads to the program depending on the keyboard/mouse, icon visibility and focusing the program's window to function. is there some kind of program that can record my actions, and only record the functions my actions trigger, but not my mouse movement/keyboard input?

for example, if set the program to record, then I go to my desktop and click the IE icon then click the adreess bar and type "http://oldversion.com/talk/index.php" and press enter, the program instead records "run C:\program files\Internet explorer\Internet explorer.exe input http://oldversion.com/talk/index.php at adressbar"

in a nutshell, I am looking for a program that can hotkey any function in any other program whitout interfering what I'm doing, whitout requiring massive coding. is this posible?

Super Moderator

Ms Windows can handle some of what your requesting already. These are often called Accelerator keys, shortcuts, batch files or start-ins. I've done this in the past with making Windows Explorer more functional, such as creating a icon on the desktop that when i clicked on it, would open to the D drive.
    Depending on which version of Windows you are using, you can create DOS batch files, which can do this for you as well.

Some sites which may have an app for what your wanting to do.

http://camtech2000.net/Pages/Keyboarding.html
    Keyboard shortcuts can sometimes be faster and more convenient than a mouse. Keyboarding is an informational tool that lists 2,900 keyboard shortcuts for Windows 95/98/Me/2K, Access 97 & 2000, Excel 97 & 2000, Outlook 97 & 2000, Word 97 & 2000 and Internet Explorer 4 & 5. Also lists 60 DOS commands and their switches

http://www.handyarchive.com/free/hotkeys/

well, yes...I have noticed in shortcut files that I can assign a hotkey to trigger them, I am aware of this.

but is it posible to make a hotkey not only run a program, but also execute certain function within it? that's what I'm really trying to do.

again.....this while not taking up the keyb/mouse, and not requiring any visibility....

maybe I should just tell you exactly what made me look for a program like this, even though I'm looking for something that could be used for this or more.

http://www.gmdsoft.de/menne/z3c/animget.htm I'm using this program to capture screenshots fromgames, but I need a program that with a hotkey will run animget and set it to capture whitout switching windows at all, so that whenever I'm playing a game normally, I can push a hotkey, capture certain action with animget and then push another hotkey to close animget.

but when I had the idea, I thought that whatever program I got, should also be able to create hotkeys for any given function in any program I have.since many dont have a flexible hotkey system

I dont know how much these batch files you talk of can do, I'm using win 98, is it posible to use them with it to do what I want?

thanks for the handy archive link, I'll be checking it to see if I can find what I want.

Super Moderator

Originally posted by Camus@Nov 14 2004, 10:40 AM
    but also execute certain function within it? that's what I'm really trying to do...
    but when I had the idea, I thought that whatever program I got, should also be able to create hotkeys for any given function in any program I have.since many dont have a flexible hotkey system
    One of the problems you will be faced with when trying to do this is that alot of the program lack accelerator keys. Alot of the new programmers these days, either are unaware of these, or feel the mouse movements/clicks are the 'fastest.' Plus with 99% of all MS Windows app being gui menu driven the optional command-line switches are non-existent. For which you have already mentioned that this is something you noticed lacking in some apps.
    This *can* make is a bit difficult to achieve what your wanting to do. If a function you want to perform lacks any of these, then the most likely only way you will be able to do the function would be via the mouse click.

The program you make mention of, most likely relies on a combination of the above mentioned option to perform various tasks. It is possible that there is a program which will record all the movements, options, you do and be able to play them back correctly. You can also use the task manager in windows to do some of the automation you want, such as at certain times run certain apps.

I use batch files for cleaning temporary files, which save me alot of typing and mouse clicks. I use batch files for e-mailing me weather reports, I use then for backing up my file databases, for syncing my computers time, and much more. These I run on a crontab schedule so that the tasks are performed at different times of the day, usually when I am asleep.

I can't go into the details for using batch scripts for automation, since it requires a basic understanding of the DOS operating system. I just mentioned it incase you feel it would be something you want to look into.

Quickly doing a google search revealed this app, which does macro recording. This may be able to do what you want.
    http://www.keyboard-macro-recorder.com/

Originally posted by Camus+Nov 12 2004, 09:52 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Camus @ Nov 12 2004, 09:52 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>from what I know AutoIT is the best for this, but it&#39;s completly based on scripting the macros yourself, and I have trully no idea how to script macros(I&#39;m an artist not coder...)[/b]

...yes AutoIt is probably the best for what you want...or really AutoHotkey, cuz it is based on AutoIt, just newer/cooler...I use AutoHotkey.

Originally posted by -Camus@Nov 12 2004, 09:52 AM
    is there any program out there like this that requires *the least posible coding/no coding at all*?
    ...not with no coding.

is there some kind of program that can record my actions, and only record the functions my actions trigger, but not my mouse movement/keyboard input?
    ...I&#39;d say no, not for recording what you do & playing it back by not doing what you did...you moved the mouse & clicked in a window, so it has to too.

for example, if set the program to record, then I go to my desktop and click the IE icon then click the adreess bar and type "http://oldversion.com/talk/index.php" and press enter, the program instead records "run C:&#092;program files&#092;Internet explorer&#092;Internet explorer.exe input http://oldversion.com/talk/index.php at adressbar"
    ...why do you want to run IE in an invisible window? You can do this by running...

"C:&#092;Program Files&#092;Internet Explorer&#092;iexplore.exe" http://oldversion.com/talk/index.php

...there&#39;s no need for the extra step of having the automation program run IE & type into the address bar, that would require focus, but running IE with a command line param wouldn&#39;t.

in a nutshell, I am looking for a program that can hotkey any function in any other program whitout interfering what I&#39;m doing, whitout requiring massive coding. is this posible?
    ...no, not "any program, any function & I don&#39;t wanna code at all"...different programs do things different ways, that&#39;s why the automation requires scripting, you find out how a program does something & script it. There is no be all & end all automation program that can be psychic enough to figure out what what you did really does in the program, so it can do it again, but without doing what you did. There are programs to try to help you script, tho, to find out when you clicked a menu item, what window message the program received, then instead of scripting clicking the menu item, you can send the window a certain message to make it think you clicked the menu item.

Originally posted by -Camus@Nov 14 2004, 10:40 AM
    but is it posible to make a hotkey not only run a program, but also execute certain function within it? that&#39;s what I&#39;m really trying to do.
    ...no, not a hotkey you created by editing a shortcut, they can only run programs...with AutoHotkey, yes, but you need to script some.

again.....this while not taking up the keyb/mouse, and not requiring any visibility....
    ...it&#39;s possible in AutoHotkey, but you gotta investigate for each program, how it did what you did, so you can tell it to do it again without using the mouse or keyboard & if you can do something without using the mouse or keyboard, I&#39;d pretty much say the window wouldn&#39;t need to be visible either.

maybe I should just tell you exactly what made me look for a program like this, even though I&#39;m looking for something that could be used for this or more.
    ...yes this is much clearer.

http://www.gmdsoft.de/menne/z3c/animget.htm I&#39;m using this program to capture screenshots fromgames, but I need a program that with a hotkey will run animget and set it to capture whitout switching windows at all, so that whenever I&#39;m playing a game normally, I can push a hotkey, capture certain action with animget and then push another hotkey to close animget.
    ...with AutoHotkey you can record something & it will output the script to do exactly what you did, then you can look at it & try to learn the code & change it so it still does it, but without mouse clicks. To do what you want, it would basically be a simple .ahk (AutoHotkey) script like...

Run, animget
    SendMessage, Msg, wParam, lParam, , WinTitle

...where animget is the full path to the program, after you run it you would want to wait a little for it to exist before sending it a message, but I didn&#39;t wanna go into all that right now, then SendMessage is what can simulate a menu item or button click, by sending the message that gets sent when the button is clicked, but without clicking the button, Msg is the msg id the program uses for that menu item or button, wParam & lParam are parameters for that Msg (possibly blank) & WinTitle is the title of the window so it knows which one to send it too. As a side note, this functionality seems like it would benefit anyone who is using this prog, so you could suggest it to the developer to add either, hotkeys, that can be used when any window has focus, to start & stop capture &/or command line params, then you could make start & stop shortcuts with a command lines like...

animget -start
    animget -stop

...of course you should check & make sure the program don&#39;t already have hotkeys or command line params you don&#39;t know about. If his prog don&#39;t do one or the other, how DOES he expect people to use his prog?

...again, not without coding, it&#39;s too complex for it to just do it magically.

<!--QuoteBegin--Camus
    @Nov 14 2004, 10:40 AM
    I dont know how much these batch files you talk of can do, I&#39;m using win 98, is it posible to use them with it to do what I want?[/quote]
    ...I doubt it, unless the program has command line parameters that can tell it to start capturing on launch, but even then, running a batch file would focus a console window, even for a second, while it runs the other program, but in this case you could just run the program directly instead of running the batch to run the program.

Can you tell me what exactly you do in animget to trigger & untrigger the capture? Does closing the window stop capture & save what it had captured or lose it? Is the program you&#39;re capturing full screen or in a window? How are you doing it now, manually, why is that not working? Get AutoHotkey, run animget, start recording in AutoScriptWriter, do what you do in animget, stop recording & save & paste what you get. I&#39;m not too keen on running this animget, cuz I don&#39;t know if it&#39;s a virus, but I can try to help get you an .ahk script that will do what you want, but if I don&#39;t run animget, I can&#39;t make sure my script works, except thru you.

(The following question is to the rest of the forum, not directly to you, but if you know, you can answer too)

Speaking of virus, is there any online site that will scan one file for a virus, with the latest defs? I know of sites to scan my whole computer, but I&#39;d like one that could scan one file that I tell it too, like this animget.

Super Moderator

Originally posted by Guest@Nov 16 2004, 06:51 AM
    Speaking of virus, is there any online site that will scan one file for a virus, with the latest defs? I know of sites to scan my whole computer, but I&#39;d like one that could scan one file that I tell it too, like this animget.
    Not sure of an online site to do such, but most likely this can be done with F-Prots DOS version of their Free downloadable Virus scanner.

Check the thread on virus scanners, as there are some online sites listed in the thread.

http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...&st=0#entry4022

god....the more I post here the more unworthy of the forum I feel

heh, thank you so much "guest" and locus, you&#39;ve all been incredibly helpful, I am ashamed I take so much of your time with my silly requests I wish I could apport back to this forum in return for how much it&#39;s helped me, but I really am not experienced enough in programing to do such thing

I will definitively download this autohotkey, and....play around with it to see if I can figure out how to do the things I want, I would have never expected to get so close to this "magical" solution I was seeking for, so I thank you for providing me with the closest posible solution =)

I dont want to tell you if your script works though, or how exactly I use animget, because if you did you&#39;d start workin on it and I feel I&#39;d be abusing of your kindness. I&#39;ll go and try to do it myself first and only if I find myself completly defeated I&#39;ll come back here :P

though, if you know any tutorial sites, that can help me get a basic grip of programing scripts such as these I&#39;d be very thankful ( I already am but you know what I mean)EDIT: ok, I found out the download site has a tutorial, so I&#39;ll be using that...if you got anything else though that&#39;d be great too