Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Auggie

Does anyone know of a way that I could get this little application that came in Windows 98 in the accessories menu to play cds? Is there a way to get it off the Windows 98SE cd? Thanks

numb

That tech is pretty darn old, an older version of windows media player may suit your needs better. i know some may have it working just fine, but most of that program (if not all) harks back to the days of windows 3.1. cd formats have changed dramaticly since -and not to say you may not get it too work but if you want an all around player for all of your music/videos and what not try a newer/older version of mp. your best bet may lie within an early version of winamp. the only time i had windows cd player running on my systems (from win 3.1 to 95 to 98) was when i had my sound blaster 16 utilities installed. the moment i would uninstall them (or up to installing them) i would have a "no worky windows cd player" somebody may know the ultimate secret behind this player -but with me its always been a workaround "sb16" hassle.

Super Moderator

I can't remember exactly, but I am fairly certain Windows 95, 98, 98se does include the CD player, just go to the control panel, add remove software, and install from the Windows 98 CD.

yeyillo

I can send you that file, give me your e-mail...

or I can send it to this page...

admins, can I???

THX.

Super Moderator

Originally posted by yeyillo@Mar 25 2005, 11:26 AM
    admins, can I???
    No, you can not send it here, as it is neither Freeware or Shareware. it should be included on the Windows 95 CD.

just use nad instead its a tiny little player and its just as good

If you mean the no longer developed Nad MP3 Player you may need to look in a museum v0.93 was last freeware released. 116Kb

For small cd players try CD 1.01 5Kb or if you prefer stuff with flashing lights etc then use the considerably larger though still very apptly named TinyCD 60Kb
    they're both freeware & to remove them just delete them as they dont install or write to registry.

correct gozzy good lad but you dont have yto visit a museum get it from this page http://www.bigg.net/mp3/software/players.shtml or many others on the www its still around and still very popular