Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    sonoma

[COLOR=red]To get yahoo messenger 5.6 back.just go to the yahoo
    messenger page....go to "HELP" then to "reinstall 5.6"
    it will tell you step by step to install 5.6.
    [COLOR=blue]As I hate the new yahoo messenger,it does not work well
    with windows xp...and who needs to have a chat client with a built in radio?
    which you need to buy the "premium stations" if you want to experience the
    "best music"...like what ever! want free music...turn on your home sterio its free:-)

seems once again yahoo should have left a good thing alone!

debbie

[B][I][FONT=Impact][FONT=Geneva][COLOR=purple][COLOR=red] I don't know what I did but PLEASE someone HELP I don't know what to do but I think I totally wiped out my Yahoo Messenger and I have no idea how to get it back.
    Can someone Please HELP me with this?
    Thank You
    Debbie

If it's just a matter of you needing the older full install of yahoo messenger you can find it here: http://www.freecreed.com/ymsgr-archive.html (Also contains advice on removing the newer version Before installing the older versions,)

In the event that you did un-install your YIM incorrectly you might need to re-install the version you were using then uninstall it using the guide in the link shown.

Adam

How come none of the older version yahoo messangers work? I've read as much as I possibly can on this message board and have seen nothing to help me. Doesn't anybody know why the older version doesn't work for me on my new xp or does other people have problems also? I absolutely hate the new messanger, but looks like I have to keep it! :blink:

Super Moderator

Originally posted by Adam@Sep 20 2004, 11:34 AM
    I've read as much as I possibly can on this message board and have seen nothing to help me. Doesn't anybody know why the older version doesn't work for me
    You posted in the wrong board. Thats most likely why you did not see this existing thread. Your message were merged into this one which should answer your question.

The oldest version of YIM I've gotten to work for me is the 5.5.0.1254.

I've heard that Yahoo has written a script into their server that blocks older versions from connecting to their IM network.

Hope this helps

guest_Jessica

I downloaded 5.5 of YIM. But everytime I log on, it asks me to if I want to update to the new version or not. I either have to click yes or no. It's quite annoying. How do I get rid of that?

Beta

Originally posted by guest_Jessica@Sep 26 2004, 02:25 PM
    I downloaded 5.5 of YIM. But everytime I log on, it asks me to if I want to update to the new version or not. I either have to click yes or no. It's quite annoying. How do I get rid of that?
    Go to C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger. Delete the yupdate.exe file.

Dark Star

Yahoo versions prior to 5.0 do not allow for a successful login.

I tried logging in using Yahoo 4.1 and I got an error message from the Yahoo server. :unsure:

I ended up having to reinstall Yahoo 5.6 to get logged in.

perhaps they do not connect, the purpose of preserving software is not just because it works or not , if all old software were to be laid to rest and forgotten there would be no way of people observing how software has progressed through versions and over a period of time, these older versions may be of great interest to people whether they are functional at the present time or not