Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    jjester999

hi i have just formated my hard drive and tryed puting yahoo messenger5.0 back on my puter it installs ok but i cant log in i install 5.6 andd thats fine has anybody else had this problem if so can anybody help. i really want 5.0. any help would be great

please use the search feature before posting to check if there is already an answer on the forum, in this case there is http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...95&hl=messenger by doing so you get a much faster answer and it saves the moderator from having to merge threads to keep all info together and not spread all over making it harder for others to find,

Hi I also was being constantly "nagged" to update from 5.6 then set my firewall to block YUPDATER.EXE and that cured the problem.

No woman No war

I'm working at a company that doesn't allow employees use Yahoo Messenger. I can't install Yahoo Messenger beacau I ca'nt change Registry.

Help me please. I've tried to download old version of YM or copy YM that already installed but nothing is possible.

if the company doesnt allow it you will be most likely risking your position in trying to do so, you are unable to install it most likely because you do not have administrator rights to install software, you would need the admin password to do this. although it is a different program this thread may be worth reading http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...istrator+rights
    or this may be relevent
    http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...yahoo+messenger

Super Moderator

Probably the best way to resolve this issue would be to talk with your administrators on the policy. Explain to them why you feel being allowed to use Yahoo on company time will improve your work quality.
    Do not try to go around company policy, as they then have grounds to dismiss you. Try to get them to change the policy.

soundtrk

I installed an version 5.0 of Yahoo Messenger, but I can't connect with it. The status light seems to be stuck on "connecting" and after a while it just times out. Is yahoo responsible for this? Anyone else have this problem?

as with many older version of messengers perhaps this version no longer connects im sure that versions prior to 5 do not connect anymore and yahoo have maybe now included v5 to be block so you have to upgrade

another thread that highlights the power of using the search feature on thew forums http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...95&hl=messenger always do a search before posting and you may well get a faster answer as in this case.

guest_Andrew

I just like this[B]old[B] version of yahoo messenger B)