Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Cool Edit Pro

Default Cool Edit Pro 1.2

I know this is an ANCIENT version, but has anyone used it? I just need to load some audio and do a little editing, then burn to disc....nothing too fancy.

Thanks!

Super Moderator

Default Threads merged

Quote Originally Posted by blurken View Post
    I know this is an ANCIENT version, but has anyone used it? I just need to load some audio and do a little editing, then burn to disc....nothing too fancy.

Seeing as you failed to post into an existing thread, (this one) and you obviously missed posting in the correct forum. You probably also missed the main site, so check out the files here.
    Remember to always search before posting a request. Never know, it might already been fulfilled.

http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=coolpro

Default VST plugs in CEP 1, 2

Quote Originally Posted by matti5150 View Post
    Hi
    I'm new to this Cool Edit Pro 2.1 program..first I'd like to say the program is wild and better than anything I've used. I have the full version registered and all. My problem is the xfm file effects I can use which are cool cause they come with the program. When I try to use files I download such as drive5.dll(plugin effect) the program doesn't read it. and it doesn't even appear on the program. I was wondering if there is away to cnvert the dll files into xfm files so i can use them of is there a site to download more guitar effects xfm files. Can someone help me??

Matti5150
    xfm are native Cool Edit components (I think). I don't think you'll find any.

Cool Edit also recognizes DirectX plugins. There aren't as many as there are VST, but there are a fair number of free ones. They almost always come with installers, as <geekspeak>you have to pass their name to regsvr32.exe as a parameter to register them as DX plugins.</geekspeak>

Drive5 is a VST plugin. VST plugins are .dll files, and are usually just dropped into your VST folder to install them, and the programs find them the next time they look for plugins.

To use VST plugins with CoolEdit, you need a VST-DX bridge. There are a few out there. I used SpinAudio's free VST-DX Wrapper Lite (worked great in CEP 1.2), but SpinAudio's website has gone belly-up. ummm.. this is oldversion.com... is it available? Should I assist in making it available?

The DX-VST bridge is a DX plugin itself (that's how it appears in CoolEdit) so it has to be registered (this should be done by the install program, but can be done manually). Then it has to be opened in CoolEdit and pointed to your VST plugin folder. Once that's done, you just go to the effect menu, select DX-VST.., and select from your VST plugins. Just don't expect VST plugins to crash any less than they do in other hosts
    Last edited by Boamath; 06-24-2008 at 02:58 AM.

Hi. I have a bought & registered copy of Cool Edit 2000 1.1 build 2418. (Yes, from way back when I still had Windows ME.) Is it possible for me to download a newer version listed on this board without registration troubles? If so, which ones? Would CE 'Pro' be non-functional to me? Is v. 1.53 higher than version 1.1? They seem to not follow chronological order according to their v. numbers.

Thank you for your time.
    This site rocks!

Hi guys,

Does anyone any the install files for the FULL PAID version of Cool edit pro v1.1

i have a cd key but my install files are corrupt. it must be version 1.1 because it was the latest that supported the .vce file format that i use for my Interactive Voice Recognition phone system.

I spent hours looking on the web for install files for the full version but all i get is the demo (even the files on this site are the demo). Adobe / syntrillium dropped the support for the .vce format and no longer have a copy of the installs on file.

i know its a long shot to find the installs but my installation has died.

Please help!

Release Candiate 2

Default cool dit file

Hello Jeremty look for the file in y9ur inbox I had to send it via you sned it because the file contains an exe file nad also the size to llo for an email with my name Jon La..... abnd grab it have frun

Quote Originally Posted by Tpneer2 View Post
    Hello Jeremty look for the file in y9ur inbox I had to send it via you sned it because the file contains an exe file nad also the size to llo for an email with my name Jon La..... abnd grab it have frun
    Hi Jon La,

I did not receive anything in my messages

Where did you send it to?