Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Cool Edit Pro

Grandma (moderator)

Default Cool Edit / Cool Edit Pro

I have searched around and found the following versions of Cool Edit / Cool Edit Pro.
    Some of the files are about 10 yrs old.

Cool Edit

vers. 1.33b
    ftp://ftp.demon.nl/pub/ibmpc/dos/app...d/cool133b.zip

vers. 1.34
    ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/sci/audio/ins...os/cool134.zip

vers. 1.34a
    ftp://science.widener.edu/pub/nmr/cool134a.zip

vers. 1.50
    ftp://ftp.monash.edu/pub/midi/PROGRA...WS/cool150.zip
    ftp://ftp.nihon-u.ac.jp/pub/misc/ham...ms/cool150.zip

vers. 1.51
    ftp://ftp.mayn.de/pub/really_old_stu...sc/cool151.zip

vers. 1.52
    ftp://137.193.10.21/pub/comp/platfor...nd/cool152.zip
    ftp://ftp.de.scene.org/pub/mirrors/h...rs/cool152.zip
    ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/msdos/windows/sound/cool152.zip

vers. 1.53
    ftp://ftp.kiarchive.ru/pub/.1/awe32/utils/cool153.zip
    ftp://ftp.cesnet.cz/MultiMedia/Video...ws/cool153.zip
    ftp://ftp.externet.hu/.lib/disk5/sac/sound/cool153.zip
    ftp://ftp.kreonet.re.kr/.1/winsock/p...rs/cool153.zip

vers. 95
    ftp://ftp.kiarchive.ru/pub/.1/awe32/utils/cool95.zip
    ftp://ftp.relcom.ru/pub/.1/windows/sound/cool95.zip
    ftp://ftp.kreonet.re.kr/.1/winsock/p...dio/cool95.zip
    ftp://ftp.matsusaka-u.ac.jp/pub/wind...und/cool95.zip

vers. 96
    ftp://ftp.externet.hu/.lib/disk5/sac/sound/cool96.zip
    ftp://ftp.fh-muenchen.de/pub/windows...sic/cool96.zip

Cool Edit 2000
    ftp://ftp.kiarchive.ru/pub/.1/window...d/ce2kmain.exe
    ftp://ftp.kiae.su/pub/.1/windows/sound/ce2kmain.exe
    ftp://ftp.freeware.ru/win/ce2kmain.exe

Cool Edit 2000 vers. 1.1
    ftp://ftp.elf.stuba.sk/pub/pc/sound/ce2kmain.exe
    ftp://ftp.kmez.ru/fido/kysh.tym%28ka%29/ce2kmain.exe
    ftp://ftp.tti.net/pub/powervoice4/cooledit/ce2kmain.exe

Cool Edit Pro

vers. 1.1
    ftp://ftp.sunet.se/pub/pc/windows/wi...o/cep11dmo.exe
    ftp://ftp.uni-heidelberg.de/pub/net/...o/cep11dmo.exe
    ftp://ftp.sakura.ad.jp/pub/pc/winsoc...o/cep11dmo.exe

vers. 1.2
    ftp://ftp.lipetsk.ru/pub/windows/win...r/cep12dmo.exe
    http://download.beelink.com.cn/lib3/cep12dmo.exe
    http://safariexamples.informit.com/0...t/cep12dmo.exe

vers. 2.0
    ftp://ftp.autobaas.ee/CoolEdit_pro_v2.0/cepsetup.exe
    ftp://ftp.kemiver.ee/CoolEdit_pro_v2.0/cepsetup.exe
    ftp://ftp.liiliakuld.ee/CoolEdit_pro_v2.0/cepsetup.exe
    http://server1.plunder.com/525/cepsetup.exe

vers. 2.1
    ftp://ftp.elf.stuba.sk/pub/pc/sound/cep21dmo.exe
    ftp://ftp.biysk.ru/pub/sw/soft/Sound...1/cepsetup.EXE
    http://nctuccca.nctu.edu.tw/ftp/Vend...c/cepsetup.exe
    Last edited by Therese; 05-16-2006 at 08:21 PM.

Default Cool Edit Questions...

HI!
    I recently bought Cool Edit Pro 2.1 from a second hand store. I'm still learning the prog, and right now I'm using it to edit ringtones for my phone. I'm curious if anyone has any good plugins for it. Will any (if any) of the Audition plugins work with CEP 2.1? What all is out there for it? Does anyone know of a place to get clips and samples, or do I need to make them all myself??
    Any help would be greatly appriciated!!!
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by CEPGal View Post
    HI!
    I recently bought Cool Edit Pro 2.1 from a second hand store. I'm still learning the prog, and right now I'm using it to edit ringtones for my phone. I'm curious if anyone has any good plugins for it. Will any (if any) of the Audition plugins work with CEP 2.1? What all is out there for it? Does anyone know of a place to get clips and samples, or do I need to make them all myself??
    Any help would be greatly appriciated!!!
    Thank you!

hey chap ,i have a disc somewhere with loads of ringtones and stuff on, if i can find it and dig it out i will send ya some.

Default Cool Edit Questions...

Thanks for your offer. I thought about getting that same disc online. I just find it more personal if I make my own tones. That way, I can pick my favorite part in a song, or loop a really good riff. That's why I really like this program - so far...

BUT, I'm always up for more ideas... I'd like to make some techno-ish, or rockin tunes/ringtones from scratch, and that's the reason for asking for some plugins or samples or whatever this program can offer. Is CEP capable of making music about like fruity loops??? It kinda looked like it.
    If you or anyone has any ideas about add-on thingys for Cool Edit Pro, PLEASE lemme know!!! Thank you!!!

Thank you Therese for searching for these old versions for us. We really do appreciate your hard effort. I have trouble keeping up with your findings, sometimes

http://oldversion.com/program.php?n=coolpro
    Alex Levine
    OldVersion.com
    Helper

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by CEPGal View Post
    BUT, I'm always up for more ideas... I'd like to make some techno-ish, or rockin tunes/ringtones from scratch, and that's the reason for asking for some plugins or samples or whatever this program can offer. Is CEP capable of making music about like fruity loops???
    CoolEdit it a digital audio editor, DAW. You can mix multiple audio tracks, such as wav files. It is not a synth, like fruity loops, but it can be used similar to one, if you use loops and samples. But it does not really create it's own. CoolEdit is basically just a audio editing workstation, as is SoundForge, Audacity, SAWPro. They are built for musicans who usually plug-in their instruments, record and edit their tracks. You might want to look for programs such as Cakewalk, Cubase, Hammer, Reason, Recycle, etc. As these programs are designed for and contain the tools necessary for making music within the program itself.

Here is a link to an old thread with some links for software which may be helpful
    http://www.oldversion.com/talk/showp...8&postcount=11

Default Cool Edit 2000 Registration problem

I purchased Cool Edit 2000. I've been using it since 2001 with no problems until I bought a new computer and tried to load it on the new computer. I seem to remember when I purchased the key initially, I had trouble installing the key to unlock it and tech support had to walk me through changing some file. It's been 5 years since then and I can't remember what file I had to change. I've got a registration key, I just can't make it work. Adobe doesn't offer tech support for Cool Edit. Any ideas?

Default Cool Edit Pro I can use dll files they don't work why?

Hi
    I'm new to this Cool Edit Pro 2.1 program..first I'd like to say the program is wild and better than anything I've used. I have the full version registered and all. My problem is the xfm file effects I can use which are cool cause they come with the program. When I try to use files I download such as drive5.dll(plugin effect) the program doesn't read it. and it doesn't even appear on the program. I was wondering if there is away to cnvert the dll files into xfm files so i can use them of is there a site to download more guitar effects xfm files. Can someone help me??

Matti5150

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by matti5150 View Post
    files I download such as drive5.dll(plugin effect) the program doesn't read it. and it doesn't even appear on the program. I was wondering if there is away to cnvert the dll files into xfm files so i can use them of is there a site to download more guitar effects xfm files.
    Are the plug-ins designed for Cool Edit Pro?

Also, you might need to install any plug-ins which work into the C:\windows\System folder. Or in the Cool Edit Plug-in folder.

Not sure if you can convert the plug-in from one format to another.

Gold

HTML Code:
    [QUOTE] You might want to look for programs such as Cakewalk, Cubase, Hammer, Reason, Recycle, etc. As these programs are designed for and contain the tools necessary for making music within the program itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by locustfurnace View Post
    CoolEdit it a digital audio editor, DAW. You can mix multiple audio tracks, such as wav files. It is not a synth, like fruity loops, but it can be used similar to one, if you use loops and samples. But it does not really create it's own. CoolEdit is basically just a audio editing workstation, as is SoundForge, Audacity, SAWPro. They are built for musicans who usually plug-in their instruments, record and edit their tracks.

Here is a link to an old thread with some links for software which may be helpful
    http://www.oldversion.com/talk/showp...8&postcount=11[/QUOTE]

Hello guys. This is my first post and I paid close attention to the sharp rebukes to some rhetorical questions. Hope I got it right. I need a manual for my CoolEdit Pro 2.1. I've had it since shortly after it premiered, however I've never used it or any wave editor for that matter. Now I want to use it with my Sonar6 Producer but can't find it. Is there any help for a neophyte here?
    Thanks
    -Rajay