Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cool Edit Pro

ilikenwf,,,doh,,,i dont wanna lo

sorry, i have read that before...i need a copy of the cool edit 2000 plugin tweakin' toys. It is originally made by the now dead syntrillum, and its purpose is:

Tweakin' Toys adds four powerful effects to Cool Edit 2000. Look in the Transform menu under Amplitude for the Hard Limiter. Use it to make your audio as "loud" as it can be without clipping. Try the Pan/Expander when you want to widen your stereo field or pan a stereo file. You'll find the Pitch Bender in the Time/Pitch section-- use it to speed up or slow down your audio. In the "Special" section, Convolution uses impulses recorded in real acoustic spaces to make your audio sound as though it's really in that space!

and since the company is dead, would it be okay and legal to reqest a crack? (you cannot purchase this anymore)...if not, sorry, but i think it might just be okay...

ilikenwf (forgot to log in again

Nevermind! Found all of the plugins on this Brit's website:

http://www.tft-bbs.co.uk/Software/Audio%20...02000/Plug-Ins/

Super Moderator

Originally posted by ilikenwf@,,doh,,,i dont wanna lo,Dec 8 2003, 12:04 AM
    and since the company is dead, would it be okay and legal to reqest a crack? (you cannot purchase this anymore)...if not, sorry, but i think it might just be okay...
    No it would not be OK to request a crack, for a couple of reason's. One being the DCMA, which even if it were OK to crack a piece of software, simply using the tools to bypass the protection is illegal. - this is why DVD's are illegal to copy, even though you have; had a right to a backup copy which is legal under the Fair-Use Law, you can only copy the DVD by decrypting the protection scheme, which is made illegal under the DCMA.
    The other reason this is not ok, is that even with the company "dead" as you state, Syntrillium's Cool Edit is a copyrighted title. Therefore someone owns the copyright, and will want to be paid. and then there is Adobe, who now acquired the technology assests, which will most likely make them the new holders of the copyrights, and they will enforce the law to potect their property.
    So there is no legal way to use the software without purchasing it.
    Then there is the fact that this board is not a warez site, only shareware & freeware, which is legal to host and offer.

Viker

Cool Edit versions... from 1.5 ....

Super Moderator

try searching the forum before you post, and then read the pinned topic, right there on the front of the request board. if you dont know how to make a request
    Since this has been asked before, it would have been nice if you had searched for a previous posting before starting another thread.
    http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...26&hl=cool+edit
    http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...hlite=cool+edit
    Various, Shareware & Freeware audio editing titles from previous threads

rambskin

I love using CoolEdit 2000, so much so that I bought it. Now, because Syntrillium was acquired by Adobe and desolved there is no way to get regirtrations for it. However, I have this .ece file in another computer and as soonas I get it up and running again I will attach it to a message here and you all can remove the nags and not-functions that occur with this wonderful program. I hate Adobe for desolving Syntrillium like they did, and I look for every opportunity to burn they ass. If anyone can give any assistance to that I would be greatful. ICQ35214380

rambskin

P.S. I will be getting back into my other computer as soon as I get back to Texas!

Super Moderator

Originally posted by rambskin@May 11 2004, 09:50 AM
    However, I have this .ece file in another computer and as soonas I get it up and running again I will attach it to a message here and you all can remove the nags and not-functions that occur with this wonderful program.
    Sorry, but that would be illegal. This is not a site which condones or supports such activities.
    If a user finds Cool Edit to be useful. It can be used as-is, or one can find a replacement, such as the free editor; Audacity

dingleberry

i love cool edit. i still use ce96 all the time. the only thing it really lacks is the ability to save to much of anything useful besides wav. but with the abundance of wav to whatever encoders, this isnt that bad of a limitation. and 96 is far faster than the newer ones which started to become what i like to refer to as interface-hogs. anyway i would love to see 96 and any other old cool edit versoins supported here.

intelliot

Hello,

I am looking for an old version of Cool Edit by Syntrillium.

technician@gmail.com

Super Moderator