Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Recording Industry of America

Hello, my name is Dick Palmer and I work for the Recording Industry of America (RIAA). Pending the crackdown of pirated MP3's, we request that this web address cease to exist upon this request. If this website is not shut down within a period of the next business week, the webmasters will be facing prosecution. When you download MP3's, you're downloading communism.

- CEO, Recording Industry of America (RIAA), Dick Palmer

R I A A i guess it could be correct, Right Idiot After Attention nice one mate

Super Moderator

Yea, sure. First, send a certified C&D through your legal dept. citing all the violations of which law? The DMCA? the Electronics Act, etc. etc.

Originally posted by Websters

Main Entry: com·mu·nism
    1 a : a theory advocating elimination of private property
    b : a system in which goods are owned in common and are available to all as needed.
    c : a final stage of society in Marxist theory in which the state has withered away and economic goods are distributed equitably
    Which is a bad thing for those who want to own IP and restrict sharing, Under Communism all music would be freely available to anyone.

Screw the RIAA........

Let them get back in bed with metallica!!!!!!!!& #33;!! I wish this country was like canada!!

The Dude

besides you cant do nething neway if you were RIAA. oldversion didnt make that program they did. so go attack them not oldversion.

Originally posted by Recording Industry of America@Jun 1 2004, 04:28 PM
    Hello, my name is Dick Palmer and I work for the Recording Industry of America (RIAA). Pending the crackdown of pirated MP3's, we request that this web address cease to exist upon this request. If this website is not shut down within a period of the next business week, the webmasters will be facing prosecution. When you download MP3's, you're downloading communism.

- CEO, Recording Industry of America (RIAA), Dick Palmer
    According to an article:

http://www.soundgenerator.com/news/index.c...?articleid=2294

the C.E.O. of the RIAA is Mitch Bainwol. Perhaps the Webmaster of this site should see if your IP is on file in his logs from your post and contact the RIAA with this information for impersonating the C.E.O. of the RIAA. This is a criminal offence to try and steal someone else's ID. As we do not send or recieve MP3s on the site,we have not violated the RIAA rules. As for the P2P files hosted on this site they are free and/or shareware files. The US Supreme Court has ruled that P2P files are not illegal to host or own. What next, are you going to try and charge people for owning burners in their computers because they have the potential to copy music? Perhaps you are going to charge all the radio stations because they freely distrubite music to the masses through the airwaves. Get a life and grow up you commie.

Beta

A Classic Troll

Super Moderator

Originally posted by pun+Jun 2 2004, 12:33 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (pun @ Jun 2 2004, 12:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>As we do not send or recieve MP3s on the site,we have not violated the RIAA rules.[/b]

The RIAA can not make laws; only Congress can, and has no power to enforce laws. They are only a copyright house, they look for copyright violations and then report it to the law enforcement agencys.

Originally posted by -pun@Jun 2 2004, 12:33 PM
    What next, are you going to try and charge people for owning burners in their computers because they have the potential to copy music?
    This has been true for years, due to the H.R. Act of 1992. Yes, there is a royalty fee collected on devices which can make digitial copies, Such as DAT&#39;s, Music CD-R&#39;s, standalone CD duplicators, DDC recorders. Any device which can do digitial recording that is imported into the US, has to file with the Register of Copyrights. and a percentage of the sales goes to royalty payments.

<!--QuoteBegin--pun
    @Jun 2 2004, 12:33 PM
    Perhaps you are going to charge all the radio stations because they freely distrubite music to the masses through the airwaves.[/quote]
    That would be illegal, as it would be considered payola. Which is basically a bribe.

Originally posted by Jaime Andrés@Jun 2 2004, 01:05 PM
    A Classic Troll
    Of course it&#39;s a troll, by responding to this topic we are giving him exactly what he wants...attention.

IMHO: We ordinary members (and non-troll guests) shold ignore this type of topic. Moderators should delete the topic as soon as they see it. If he/she/it persists, the administrators should do some banning.

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll
    for a discussion of trolls and how to handle them.

Super Moderator

Originally posted by Pete@Jun 2 2004, 01:33 PM
    Moderators should delete the topic as soon as they see it. If he/she/it persists, the administrators should do some banning.
    Right, if the person only posts a single entry, I leave it up. Sometimes even the trolls trolling initial post can lead to an informative posting from other members replies, as long as its not ranting and ravings.
    But once they make a return and post more senseless replies, then I will lock the post.