Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Kazaa-lite & Xp

mordor

hey guys just wondering if anyone else encountered this problem, for some reason when i'am using kazaa-lite i get disconnected from the net and my modem powers itself up again, iam on cable, this can happen every 20 min to 1/2 hr. Very weird, is there a setting somewhere that can fix this?

thx

Super Moderator

Is kazaa just diconnecting or is the cable modem disconnecting from your ISP?
    You should not be getting disconnected from your ISP at all. The problem of getting disconnected might be due to an issue with your ISP and not the program.
    Try running the computer without loading the suspect program, don't use the program for several hours, see if you get diconnected. If you do get disconnect, then it could be a problems with your ISP or the cable modem hardware. Contact your ISP.
    If you don't get disconnected, try running the program again. If you once again get disconnected, maybe the program is causing a problem with your DHCP client, or it is trying to dial out with your dial-up adapter.
    If the problem is unsolveable, don't use the program, find something else that works.

Mast0r

Well i have Xp proffesional and Sometimes my kazaa gets disconnected but comes back in a sec, and it hasnt happened in a while....... so i dont know. h34r:

mordor

thx guys, its just when i use kazaa, i dont have a dial -up modem just cable modem, i can see all my lights go down except power then it comes back up, weird, my isp says there not experiencing any issues.

thx

robessss

i have xp and cant access the search function on kazaa 2.4.3 i have had the version working before yet recently developed this problem and since have tried deleting and downloading again with no joy has any one any ideas thanks

Originally posted by robessss@May 29 2004, 02:06 PM
    i have xp and cant access the search function on kazaa 2.4.3 i have had the version working before yet recently developed this problem and since have tried deleting and downloading again with no joy has any one any ideas thanks
    this has been asked and answered many times try looking through the previous numerous kazaa threads and you will find reference to such problems

st33l_di9ital

well could you post a link to one of these forums with a fix to this? because i too had too reinstall after a hd crash and now i have the same problem =/ would be great if ya could , thanks

Super Moderator

Originally posted by st33l_di9ital@Jun 4 2004, 07:40 PM
    well could you post a link to one of these forums with a fix to this? because i too had too reinstall after a hd crash and now i have the same problem =/ would be great if ya could , thanks
    They are referring to previous threads on this forum, just search for kazaa and scan through the dozens and dozens of kazaa threads.
    Also, the_gaffer just posted a link in a recent thread to a p2pfilesharing forum.
    or you can go to that thread here
    http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...st=0&#entry9749