Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Wanksta

Here's my question. I have a mp3 that's 128K bitrate with a mono encoding. I want to encode this mp3 from its mon encoding to a stereo encoding. Example I want to change the mp3 frequency from 22050 to 44100 frequency with digital stereo sound. Does anyone know a good software to change the change the frequency of a mp3?

Thanks

Super Moderator

You have already lost the stereo seperation. Most encoders can do frequency conversions. You could use the commandline LAME encoder/decoder, or look for a frontend for lame. otherwise, I'd just suggest dBpowerAMP

giovanni

Similar note. I usually use nero for this kind of stuff - wave editor.

Does anyone know how to take a stereo track, combine the tracks and then convert to mono.

For instance this could be done to some of those crappy experimental stereo recordings from the 60's like some Beatles songs that had vocals and guitar on one track, and bass and drums on the other.

Thanks in Advance.

Giovanni

Super Moderator

Converting the format to mono would combine the tracks. Just do a format conversion.
    If the software combines the tracks volume, you would want to do a 50% mix each channel, this way it does not overmodulate the output.
    Just use the wav editor and look for format conversion, in NERO Wave Editor, just open the track then go to Edit, Convert Sample Format, then just uncheck the Stereo Recording then click OK. This will convert it to a mono track.