Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Rhonda

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue] :unsure:

I am trying to get the old version of Yahoo Messenger back but everytime I download it I get a message saying that the MSVCR71.dll file is missing.......can anyone help me with this????????????

If so please tell me how.

Thank you very much.

Rhonda

Super Moderator

Thats a missing library file. you can always enter the error message into a search engine and get results too.
    You should be able to download the dll here, http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-file...s.shtml?msvcr71

Depending on your OS, speed of connex, you could also download the whole .NET redistribution package from Microsoft. Which is about 24megs.
    Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable Package But this should not be necessary if you can just download the dll from the first link.

I've also found a standalone zip of the file, http://ftp.tietew.jp/pub/becky/beckrb/msvcr71.zip
    you would unzip the file and copy to to your C:\windows\system32

Default old version of Yahoo Toolbar

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue] :unsure:

I am trying to get the old version of Yahoo Messenger back but everytime I download it I get a message saying that the MSVCR71.dll file is missing.......can anyone help me with this????????????

If so please tell me how.

Thank you very much.

Rhonda
    Hi Rhonda! If you want the old version of yahoo toolbar, go to download.com. The old version is 6.2 Type yahoo toolbar in the search and you will find it.

George

Administrator

the op was after yahoo messenger not the toolbar but as it was a guest post from way back very much doubt they are still around,back then when guest posting was allowed there were hundreds that just dropped in entered a post and were never heard of again or couldnt even remember where they had posted.
    simply me

It would be nice if they were still round

Administrator

that would get more activity here dude but would also bring back the trolls and freaks that unfortunately linger on the web and have not got the bottle to stand up and be counted by registering on forums.best as it is really,when you read way back there really were some total rubbish threads and loads of troll posts.
    simply me

Unfortunetly i think your right