Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Binchunker

guest_guest

where can i find Binchunker version 1.60? version 1.7 comes with Fireburner (this burning program). but i heard that v1.70 of Binchunker may not work so good as version 1.60 when scanning BIN file for errors. so versio 1.60 is better than 1.70. that is why i am looking for Binchunker v1.60 for windows xp.

Super Moderator

Please read the pinned topic How to Request an App if your not certain on how to make a request, then add the necessary info back into this thread.

guest_guest

ok,. i will provide more information, but i dfont have so much information.

program: Binchunker
    current version: 1.70
    desired version: 1.60
    what it does: Binchunker for Unix converts BIN/CUE files into ISO-standard cd image file which can be used in Unix. Unix doesnt support BIN/CUE files, that is why Binchunker is designed. but the Windows version of it, it checks BIN/CUE files for corruption and validity of the BIN file. as i said, version 1.70 is intergrated within Fireburner, but this 1.70 is scanning the BIN file so good as version 1.60. in other words, 1.60 works better than 1.70.

guest_guest

i meant that version 1.70 is not scanning BIN files so good as version 1.60. it misses some errors that can be found by version 1.60.

Super Moderator

BinChunker Homepage
    Are you looking for a source file? or a precompiled binary for a specific target?
    Such as for Slackware, Red Hat or SuSUE or Lycoris?

you could use cdrdoa under UNIX to burn the BIN/CUE (Kernel 2.6)
    # cdrdao write --device ATAPI:0,0,0 --driver generic-mmc --speed 16 NameOfCUEOrTOCFile

other programs:
    CDemu is a kernel module for Linux. It is designed to simulate a CD drive + CD with just simple cue/bin files, which are pretty common in the Windows world.
    CDrDAO

I found a copy of BINChunker160.ZIP. But i do not have a link for it, so I would email you it, but since you are not registered, i cant send it to you. You can email me a message and i can send it to you via email.

* bin2iso Free
    CD Image converter. This converts .bin files to .iso files. Its very simplified and only supports MODE1 single-track .bins.