Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stanaphone

Originally posted by The Dude@Jun 9 2004, 06:47 PM
    Hi Ablix!!!!

Is your imcoming calls working????

Mine are not .... I dial my own # and it doesnt go thru,i get a fast busy signal (Even when my phone is launched)

Ill try yours i guess and see if i can get cha!!!!!!!

The Dude
    Everything's working perfectly for me.
    Alex Levine
    OldVersion.com
    Helper

Super Moderator

Are you running a firewall Dude? you might have to punch a hole through it, plus do some port forwarding - if your using a standalone firewall.
    If your using the software firewall, then opening up the ports should be ok.
    This could be also causing the dropped packets as each time one comes through, it must traverse the rules, which if your getting a lot of packets or connections and the firewall does not keep state. you could be lagging due to that, so opening a hole should possibly speed things up as well.

guest_The Dude

I tried disabling my cable modem firewall,STILL NO GOOD...............

Its not that.............Probably my speed issues.........If i had a regular f****ng cable modem on here,IT WOULD PROABLY WORK FINE!!!!

I dunno...........Im extremely aggravated!!!!!!!! !

The Dude

PS-

Abilx,

What OS and speed are you running??? I need someone on 98 to also test this (preferably someone on dialup,and if you get dropped audio,I HAVE MY ANSWER)

Super Moderator

Is the sound card your using Full Duplex - it should be these days, but this does not mean all operate correctly.
    If someone speaks and you speak also, the sound card may not be able to do both, playback and record (when you speak).
    Or it could be an issue with your friends telco.

HI locust,

YES my sound card is full duplex....

I called this # here: 15188779998 (Solid 1K tone) and it still cuts out alot (So its not due to silence)

The Dude

Super Moderator

What speed is your CPU? how much RAM do you have, how fast is your hard drive, do you have a fixed swap file?
    Are you running anything else in the background that might be using the soundcard as well? Such as an IM service.
    Is the multimedia control panel set to use the sound card, or the windows mapper?

OK locust,

I dialed my own # from my phone and i start hearing a ringing souind coming from my speakers (hehehehe) and a box telling me that I AM CALLING MYSELF...(The ring sounds better,but still has a tick,tick,tick,tick in it)

I assume the ring is local on my computer and not coming over the network,seeing as this is the case,i think my sound card may be bad......

Then i called this #: 15035251579 (Music) and it was cutting in and out majorly................I think i have a bad sound card or some shit like that,i dunno........

I was gonna try and call abilx,but it may be too late 2 call him now,ill wait till morning.........

The Dude :???:

What speed is your CPU? (450 mhz AMD)

how much RAM do you have (56k i think,not sure -- I right click MY COMPUTER and goto perfoprmance and it says 56.MB of ram -- 3d processor K6)

how fast is your hard drive, do you have a fixed swap file? (???? i dunno)

Are you running anything else in the background that might be using the soundcard as well? Such as an IM service. (no,but when i tried to open sound recorder to grab the sound of the music #,it said another app. was recording audio(the call on the phone maybe??)

Is the multimedia control panel set to use the sound card, or the windows mapper? (Dunno......)

Thanx for trying to help me locust....Your a real friend!!!!!

The Dude

Super Moderator

You prolly have 64megs of RAM, and its showing up as 56megs, due to 8megs being used for the video display.
    go to the control panel and check under the multimedia applet to make any changes if necessary or type, no quotes, in the run command "Mmsys.cpl", this will open the multimedia control panel, there you can make small adjustments to the soundcard.

I think i have narrowed it down to low speed from my network due to my crappy router and being so far from the cable modem.......

But 800 #'s are now callable,but your ANI PASSES (800-444-4444 will give you your stanaphone #) However,if you call 315-890-8248 (caller id test line) Its comes up OUT OF AREA (Wierd)
    They are using sprint long distance (518-700-0000 tells you what carrier you have on your line (ANY LINE))
    But over the last 2 days i cant figure out why the incoming audio is being dropped.....OUTBOUND AUDIO IS FINE!!!!!!! I just cant hear them (Cutting in and out)...Gotta be my speed,i cant think of anyhthing else.........And IMCOMING CALLS do not work yet (On my #) I dial my # from my landline and i get a fast busy signal.....

Definetly very kewl!!!!!!!!!& #33;!!!!

The Dude