Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stanaphone

I dialed the carrier check line today and it said THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING MCI (grrrrrrrrrr) I hate MCI!!!!!!!!!&# 33;!!!! (518-700-0000)

They did have sprint,now they have MCI.....Wonderfull!!!!!! (uugghh,they must have read my message saying that MCI had 20mins for 99 cents(5 cents a minute for 20 mins) Well,if it saves them $$$,i guess its worth it!!

IM gonna do a test and bring my cable modem down into my room here,then both signal strength and link Quality will be 100%...I wanna see if it works then.....I cant understand why UPSTREAM WORKS FINE!!!!!! WHat makes UPSTREAM less resourcsefull than downstream?????? I dunno..........

The Dude :???:

NOW I AM REALLY P'D!!!!!!!

Someone said they got this to work on 56k!!!!!!!!! (WITHOUT DROPPING OUT)

Why cant i get it to work on dddjkdjkf cable modem???????????????

The Dude

Super Moderator

Maybe there is just too many hops between you and the service's systems.
    Have you tried pinging the ip address of the login servers? How many hops between you and them? What sort of latency do you have.
    try pining yahoo, google, then ping the login servers, and see if you got a big difference.
    as I ping login.icq.com i get 27ms
    as I ping yahoo I get 26ms replies
    as I ping google I get 80ms replies
    as I ping oldversion.com i get 65ms replies.

Im starting to think i may be on to something here.......

I can open STREAM RECORDER and record my voice USING ANY INPUT SELECTION ON STREAM RECORDER (EVEN CD AUDIO) but when i LISTEN TO A STREAM,i have to be on the right input source........

So when i talk into my mike using stanaphone,IM GOING OUT ON ALL THOSE INPUTS (AS TO WHY IT WORKS RIGHT) WHEN IM LISTENING TO THE AUDIO,IT MUST HAVE TO BE LISTENING ON THE CORRECT INPUT....

In Stream recorder i have these inputs:

Microphone
    CD audio
    AUX-B
    Wave
    Line-In
    Synthesizer

And i can select ANY OF THESE AND RECORD WITH MY MIKE AND IT PICKS IT UP FINE.......I tried recording a live audio stream and i had it set to LINE IN.......When i played it back it sounded like crap!!!!!! I had to select WAVE for it to pick up the audio right.

Maybe this is whats going on with stanaphone,the system is listening on the wrong "INPUT SOURCE" for stanaphone audio.........

Whadda all think of this???????

The Dude

does this program got some spyware or virus in it , theres got to be a catch

Super Moderator

Originally posted by Guest@Jun 19 2004, 02:38 PM
    As far as I am aware, it does not, the problem The_Dude is having is most likely due to his Essolo card.

Originally posted by Guest@Jun 19 2004, 02:38 PM
    Here's the catch:

Useful account information

StanaPhone Account Manager allows users to see their account information online 24/7. By logging into your account you can see how many minutes you have used and all the details on each of the calls you made and received. You can also change your account password and terminate your account if you don’t use it any longer. Please note that after your account is terminated you would not be able to restore it. StanaPhone Beta does not have a rollover plan which means that all unused minutes expire on the first day of each month. StanaPhone Beta users receive 100 free minutes of outgoing calls to regular and mobile phone numbers per month (30 days) on a prorated basis. All other calls to and from StanaPhone are unlimited. On the first day of each month all accounts are being reset back to 100 free minutes. All calls are rounded to one minute.

Account termination

If you use your StanaPhone number regularly, you will be able to keep it for as long as you want. If your StanaPhone number is being idle (no calls are being made from it) for longer than 45 days it will automatically expire and you will not be able to use your StanaPhone any longer. When your account is being idle for 40 consecutive days our system will issue a termination warning email to the email address on the account. If, after the warning this account shows no outgoing calls, on the 45th day it gets terminated automatically and a termination notice is sent to the email address on the account.*

* Termination terms are subject to change without notice.

Super Moderator

Possibly some good news for you; The_Dude, since I know Skype works well for you, and also know you got the Stanaphone working now. but it looks like Skype will be offering VoIP to phone service (for a feee) to compete with Stanaphone.

Skype planning VoIP to POTS
    The SkypeOut service is not available yet, but a page on Skype's web store tells us about the service. Also, a new version of Skype software (pictured) is available for download on the Skype forum. This new version (0.98.0.28) adds a new tab to the known UI, with a dialpad and a field that accepts either a Skype user name or a standard telephone number
    Older Versions of Skype on Oldversion.com
    additional VoIP titles
    Additional voice chat software listed on Oldversion.com

Yup got it working now..........

But now i have lost my DOS AUDIO,it was using ess dos emulation.......And that part of it seems to have been removed........

And the audio keep cutting out whenever i do something while listening to the audio GLOBALLY NOW,when it didnt used to do that,so........

I PMed you locust!!!!

The Dude

hi

im kinda having a problem with this i installed it and it says im not connected to the internet but i actually am and i dont know what to do cause it wont let me log on