Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

whats the best out of these 3...

6.3.0.2 Ultra

thanks

Super Moderator

Best for what? Recording ISO's? Recording multi-session disk, or DAO, TAO, making data disks or audio disks or for DVD recordings or ...?

i fully agree it does depend on exactly what you are burning , although if you are only doing the usual type ie music and backing up of standard files etc then i think the v5 to be better than the newer 6 series i tried the nero 6 ultra and was not impressed compared to the v5.5.10.

Super Moderator

I was forced when using MS Windows; with my DVD recorder, to use NERO. I don't care much for it, since it lacks ROMEO Filesystem support. So what I end up having to do is using NTI CD Maker, to create my data disks; with ROMEO support, as an ISO, Then I use NERO to burn the image to Blanks.
    The problem is NTI CD Maker does not yet support my DVD +R/-R +RW/-RW Recorder; Memorex (no model name or numbers).
    But when using *nix, i have absolutely no problems getting any of the CD Recording apps to work with all of my recorders. These hardware support hoops are really a pain when using MS Windows.
    I've been able to use the same programs on my Memorex DVD Recorder, my Yamaha 24x, my Memorex 2x recorder, a friends IOMEGA 12x, and brothers Memorex 52x Hardware.
    But under MS Windows, I've had to keep changing programs, from NTI to NERO to Adaptec to ??

I've been using K3B and Gcombust mostly (for *Nix platforms.) Atleast I do not have to worry about filesystem support, since they all support Rockridge.

If the program works for you, and does exactly what you want it to do, then thats the best choice.

For me, the best choice was NTI CD Maker, since I would only use ROMEO filesystems, JOILET fails. But when creating DVD's, I use UDF filesystem. Plus, since Windows98 can not create a single file larger than 2gigs, MS Windows fails for me. I can not create a 4gig ISO file under Win98, so no matter how good something might be, (NTI CD MAKER for example), one can still be hindered by some limitation somewhere. So even if/when NTI CD MAKER supports my drive, I have no reason to use it.

I did use Nero 5 before I purchased my DVD drive, then was foisted with Nero 6 Ultra (express?), which did not do what I needed with Nero, So I ended up downloading Nero ROM, which did do what I wanted; for the most part, but I just got tired of the many steps required and no longer use MS Windows to record my DVD's/CD's