Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Napster

nappy

i just d/l beta 6 & 7. why in the napster player the numbers aren't showing and when connecting to napigator servers when it says connecting then logged in.. it just stays there and when you x it out then hit chat rooms it freezes and won't respond?

hunter

Downloaded one of the beta versions on napster here and performed the "trick". and could not connect. I get this message "Unable to contact Authorization Server: server.napster.com!" Looks like some changes are taking place with the site.

matty2k3

u obviously didn't perform the reg edit correctly as mine worked first time after doing the regedit

Hunter

Originally posted by matty2k3@Apr 4 2003, 01:53 PM
    u obviously didn't perform the reg edit correctly as mine worked first time after doing the regedit
    I performed the reg edit just as the instructions said to do. ....and still can not connect. What server is this thing suppose to be trying to connect to now? Even visiting napster.com shows me a site that is under recontruction.

Would editing the hosts file to point to an opennap server instead of server.napster.com work?

{S4|p1nX}

It still doesn't work can someone help me?

I like Napster V7 the best (Be4 it started going downhill)

Although right now i have Mammoth

The Dude

FMX311

i download the latest version of Napster on here and it seems that it has a problem...i dont know if it is because it was shut down or something...i installed it correct...agreed the terms and it says"Unable to contact Authorization Server: server.napster.com!"-can anyone explain why that happened?

Originally posted by FMX311 @Jun 14 2004, 09:33 PM
    i download the latest version of Napster on here
    O.V.com isnt really the place for "latest" versions, all boards not just the requests board should be searched before postin
    your problem/question has been asked and answered before I'm sure you could find the answer in this forum if you take the time to read some napster threads.

Super Moderator

Originally posted by FMX311@Jun 14 2004, 09:33 PM
    i download the latest version of Napster on here and it seems that it has a problem...i dont know if it is because it was shut down or something...i installed it correct...agreed the terms and it says"Unable to contact Authorization Server: server.napster.com!"-can anyone explain why that happened?
    ??
    It has been shut down for years.
    Before ya ask, why Oldversion.com still hosts files that no longer function, read the main website's 'About Oldversion"
    http://www.oldversion.com/aboutov.php