Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

View Poll Results: what will happen to kazaa lite?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1.kazaa lite will die out in the next year.

1 8.33%
  • 2.kazaa lite will never die and always be the #1 p2p program.

4 33.33%
  • 3. The RIAA will sue get a hold of kazaa lite and force it to shut down.

0 0%
  • 4.Users will continue to use kazaalite and it will become stronger than ever.

0 0%
  • 5.kazza will be replaced by another p2p program (example: Winmx, limewire, ares, Morpheous)

3 25.00%
  • 6. Kazaa lite will continue to down fall (give it a year or two and it will become just a legend in History)

4 33.33%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kazaa Dying?

Super Moderator

Another listing was already compiled on a seperate thread.
    http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...0&hl=bittorrent

SoberTillNoon

Soulseek

I never tried it.

e-mule

You cannot find sources worth anything. You start a download, and the user only has half the file, while the other half has not been seen in so long, it does not display.

Overnet

I honestly don't know where to begin. I am just going to skip this one

Bit Tornado

Well, bit torrent clients are best for the really big stuff, so I don't mess with it.

The ed2k protocol is good in theory, but the problems that arise when people only have half a filereally annoys me.

I refer you to my last statememnt about Bit Torrent

All I here is you all spouting garbage about the FastTrack network being full of trojans and viruses. I honestly don't know what the hell you are talking about. Not once in all the Music, Videos, or SOFTWARE that I have downloaded have I found a virus. NOT ONCE. You have to be smart about these things, otherwise, you will be had. That goes for every network out there. You people need to get a clue, and stop saying things that you have on little ot no authority to say.

-I have given you my 2 cents, don't spend it all on one thing. I am W-

WarLord

You cannot find sources worth anything. You start a download, and the user only has half the file, while the other half has not been seen in so long, it does not display.
    That is true with some files that are very rare and hasnt been shared much but often you can find the same one with similar name that has been shared more..
    The resources of mostly big files and complete ones I mean then, are enormous and its not been often I havent found the thing Ive wanted and it is very seldom it is not full sources and its good to look on sites like Shareconnector cuz those files are very much spread...

Overnet is quite good for popular files and it can be very fast on those....

Finally, I want to say that ed2k (eMule, Overnet,edonkey etc) is not for ppl with very slow connections or with Win 95/98/ME cuz then it will be very bad and you wont get neither speed or sources...

SoberTillNoon

I have XP and cable. I just don't like ed2k. I am not up for pop, and the music that I want to dl I was never able to find, so I went back to Kazaa. ed2k could have improved with more users, but my bad exprience with it is making me pass it by,

-W-

WarLord

Try out Soulseek if its mostly small files like mp3s your after cuz there are much more quality than the rips and stuff Ive seen on Kazaa..

Thats also one of the reasons I think it sux cuz theyre are nearly no quality-releases that are properly ripped for example reaching that network and the music and whatever that arent very popular arent even there, so the amount of for example different music-styles arent very big, because its a big amount of leechers on it who think they can just "hit and run",dont care to share, so the more special music and full albums arent never spread.

Dont like that one doesnt even have to share anything to get things from ppl, that it doesnt have like the credit system in eMule or the ratio in BT and so on.
    Its better for a friendly file-sharing community and that is the thing that makes a P2P network grow and survive in the long run.

Soulseek has like different "rooms" which is specialized in different kinds of music around the globe and one can also chat with other ppl in those rooms and request music on a wish-list,; in fact it was quite recently I did discover it cuz I always heard some say that its very good in finding different kinds of mp3s so when I had to find some single mp3s I thought I try it out and it was great for it..

See Ya !

this is going off topic now, considering it was started as a pole to what will happen to kazaa, yet it is turning into just another p2p thread

SoberTillNoon

Yes, and I know that I could go to one of those threads to have on e of these discussions, however, that is not something one thinks about when entering into debates. However that point is moot. The debate/discussion has ended. There is no more to say on my end, so I am finished.

-W-

bmh67wa

I always found it ironic that the makers of Kazaa, a program used to download files illegally, whine when someone comes out with a far better functioning program (KazaaLite) and say that it is illegal for them to do so. Where do these guys get their legal information from? Do they base their complaints on some sliding scale of illegality? Is there such a thing? Kazaa should be renamed to reflect the hypocrisy of their developers. I hope that they do die. Their network is full of fake files, spammers, and viruses and their software is full of bloated ad-ware which brings up another point. Their "sponsors" are just as greedy as they are and are accomplices in allowing Kazaa to carry on in their illegal ways. Just look at the crap that they are pulling by telling Olderversion.com that they can't allow their software to be downloaded from here. Ridiculous!!!

SoberTillNoon

Hey, hey now. The people at sherman do no condone the use of their network to share copyright files. Just because they cannot police that does not mean that they are bad people, does it?

-W-

bmh67wa

Originally posted by SoberTillNoon@Jul 10 2004, 12:22 PM
    Hey, hey now. The people at sherman do no condone the use of their network to share copyright files. Just because they cannot police that does not mean that they are bad people, does it?

-W-
    OK, so tell me what OTHER use is it for? Kazaa was designed for and being used for the exact same reason that they had planned. If the software, music, movie, or whatever was available to freely download and distribute to others then why would a program need to be made to do that? The files would already be readily available to all on the net and Kazaa would be useless. People here aren't stupid so please don't try to insult us. I have used Kazaa and other file-sharing programs for what can be called illegal reasons just like everyone else who uses them has. I'm not agreeing to whether it is right or wrong as it is not in my rights to make these rules and decisions even though I live in the U.S.A. but at least I'm not trying to justify what I do with an obvious lie.