Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

View Poll Results: what will happen to kazaa lite?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1.kazaa lite will die out in the next year.

1 8.33%
  • 2.kazaa lite will never die and always be the #1 p2p program.

4 33.33%
  • 3. The RIAA will sue get a hold of kazaa lite and force it to shut down.

0 0%
  • 4.Users will continue to use kazaalite and it will become stronger than ever.

0 0%
  • 5.kazza will be replaced by another p2p program (example: Winmx, limewire, ares, Morpheous)

3 25.00%
  • 6. Kazaa lite will continue to down fall (give it a year or two and it will become just a legend in History)

4 33.33%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Kazaa Dying?

Eh? I seem to be getting alright results on kazaa lite. Least for older obscure movies I am. WinMX is useless. I tried it again recently and still get the bs 'qued' response when I try to download. :angry:

SoberTillNoon

:: clears throat ::

What are you people doing wrong? I have never gotten one virus from the fasttrack netowrk.

As far as the sources thing goes, get files from ones that have the most people. With K++ you can do searches for a set time and you can get files with like 125 people. those will most likely download.

-W-

Kazaa sucks, we all know that... but is it dieing, who knows...

While people who know what Kazaa does to your PC (infesting it with Spy/Adware) would all like to think its becoming less popular but the truth is there is no reason the average user would stop using it. To them it is the best and there is no reason to switch or alternative that people know about, Kazaa is very popular. Maybe if they knew the truth, but until I see some statistics I think assuming Kazaa is dieing is sadly a false dream.

Is there any P2P programs that don’t install crap on your PC that you all know of?

Originally posted by Guest@Jul 15 2004, 11:11 PM
    Kazaa sucks, we all know that... but is it dieing, who knows...

While people who know what Kazaa does to your PC (infesting it with Spy/Adware) would all like to think its becoming less popular but the truth is there is no reason the average user would stop using it. To them it is the best and there is no reason to switch or alternative that people know about, Kazaa is very popular. Maybe if they knew the truth, but until I see some statistics I think assuming Kazaa is dieing is sadly a false dream.

Is there any P2P programs that don’t install crap on your PC that you all know of?
    http://forum.edonkey-divx.be/ try here mate ita proper p2p place oldversion is not a filesharing forum it just archives such programs

SoberTillNoon

Umm... kazaa lite? Which is hosted here.

And for the last time, kazaa does not suck. You just have to be smart about downloading. Just because people don't use other networks does not mean you are safer. In fact, it means that there is less that is out there. Fast track has the most people out there, and unlike ed2k, which I dispise, you have to have the whole file to share it, thus no files where the other half has not been seen in over a year. If you are not a idoit about things, and you are cautious, you will be able to download with no bad consequences. Even software is safe so long that you are not stupid.

THe very fact that no one has yet to dispute me on that point gives me good reason that to believe that you all know it too.

-Securtiy through obscurity is not security at all. I am W-

WarLord

Kazaa/Kazaa Lite is much easier for newbies to learn since ppl doesnt have to learn anything, they can just leech without giving a thing for it or learn anything.
    Some even seems to think there are a big server which provides the files and then theyve lost the whole idea of P2P completely

Strange that you only found incomplete files at ed2k , since those are pretty rare..
    It really doesnt matter how many ppl uses Kazaa, since they arent even near the amount of different quality-files that exist on ed2k.
    Its quality that counts, not quantity and often when ppl complains on eMule and when one looks in to it; discovers that the problem is that they dont know how it works . B)
    That is understandable but not saying that it is bad, just because they dont know how it works so they can use it properly.

New game-releases and music-albums are there almost directly and on Kazaa youre lucky if you find anything of value (that many ppl has,so your able to download in the first place)...
    I guess its pretty much depends on what ppl are after and how much they are prepared to give for it...
    If one is after only some mainstream,common music mp3 at 128kb/s and not having much time, then Ill guess Kazaa is good, but if one wants properly ripped albums for example with high quality and are prepared to spend a little more time for it, then ed2k is the thing to go for cuz to start with, ed2k isnt for small files like mp3s.

Most n00bs dont like eMule for example cuz one must spend more time on it cuz ya gain credit when ya share, and then they dont even understand how ed2k-network works: It is a pretty fair network where ppl must share, where the ppl (most anyway) understand that one cannot sit and leech and dont give anything back, thus "filters" away those damn leechers that are better off using that Kazaa/Kazaan Lite anyway.
    The longer one are connected the better download-rates one gain (many has it connected 24/7) and one cant just connect to a server and see only a half file and therefor shut down immediately cuz then one doesnt understand how it works.
    One must give it some time to find sources on different servers.

Note that it does not change a thing if one uses Kazaa Lite or regular Kazaa cuz its the same network whith nearly no new or quality files at all.
    Except for maybe mainstream very popular, new files like mp3s.
    Maybe Kazaa idea was good at the beginning but since ppl now can use it without sharing, there are mostly bad files and evil leechers there.
    I really dont see how a network could survive when it has become like that cuz where should the sharers come from and how it should come any quality to that network since there arent any now.

See Ya All..! B)

Originally posted by SoberTillNoon@Jul 16 2004, 11:48 AM
    Umm... kazaa lite? Which is hosted here.

And for the last time, kazaa does not suck. You just have to be smart about downloading. Just because people don't use other networks does not mean you are safer. In fact, it means that there is less that is out there. Fast track has the most people out there, and unlike ed2k, which I dispise, you have to have the whole file to share it, thus no files where the other half has not been seen in over a year. If you are not a idoit about things, and you are cautious, you will be able to download with no bad consequences. Even software is safe so long that you are not stupid.

THe very fact that no one has yet to dispute me on that point gives me good reason that to believe that you all know it too.

-Securtiy through obscurity is not security at all. I am W-
    been plenty of other topics in the last two days or so, guess i was right in the first place your only ability is kazaa and p2p apps, i havent seen you fulfil any requests or anything, try www.p2p.com a dedicated p2p place instead of repeating all this crap its all been heard over and over so many times all that it is achieving is more and more crap for others to read in the hope of finding an answer amongst all the garbled unnecessary rubbish.and dont bother replying me you will only look sillier than you already do now

moirone

If anyone needs to download Kazaa Lite just go to:

removed links: 2004-19-07 refer to [Oldversion.com vs Sharman Networks

WarLord

Well, Its pretty obvious that some has to learn what P2P is about.. B)

Bye 4 now..

Default Conection Problems

I am new here and am having connection problems with Kazaa. I am running V 2.6 Kazaa lite revolution. I have permitted the connection through windows XP home edition's firewall, but still no connection. I am using an ADSL modem which works well in all other aplications . Not sure which way to go from here. Can anyone shed some light on this?