Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

TRY THIS

The Dude

Heck, Why not use a better method that would still allow your PC to function.

Drill 4 holes in the base. Use the 12 inch heavy steel bolts. Put them in your case coming out the bottom. Weld them into place. Next drill 4 matching holes leading from the first floor into the basement. Slide the bolts through the holes so your PC now stands upright. Add the nuts and tighten them up from the basement. Then weld the nuts to the bolts in the basement. You could then tile the basement ceiling to hide the bolts. Once you are finished and the case has cooled then add your board, cards, hard drives, CD-Rom, floppy and cover back into/onto your case.

Now if you really want a laugh ask a friend to move your PC for you.

Beta

Seriously though, it must be awful if your computer is stolen. The worst thing must be to lose all of your personal files and stored info.
    I make a habit of actually cloning my whole PC on a regular basis using Norton Ghost to a removable 120gig HDD which is kept in a remote place away from the PC. If my system were to suffer theft or some other catastrophe, at least I can recover my whole system with a new computer.