Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

aolegia

I'm looking for this version of Lotus Amipro.

I have many documents written with this software that I can't open with a newer version (Lotus WordPro), and I didn't find it anywhere.

HELP ME, PLEASE !!

Tom

Well, this might help somewhat:
    It is the Demo release of AmiPro 3.0 -- I use it to view my old AmiPro 3.1 files and it seems to work fine. (Even though it is an older version, it is able to read pictures from the 3.1 version files without problems.)

The only thing that seems to be disabled in this version is the Save/SaveAs feature. Print and Copy both work.

Note: When you install it on Windows 95 or higher it says something about reconfiguring Windows 95. You don't need to do this, just choose 'run program' and it will work fine.

Also, you should either unzip these files to the same folder, or unzip them on to 2 floppy disks to get it to install.

Disk 1: ftp://ftp.hawaii.edu/pub/ibmpc/win3/demo/amipro31.zip
    Disk 2: ftp://ftp.hawaii.edu/pub/ibmpc/win3/demo/amipro32.zip

another link -
    Disk 1: ftp://ftp.jaring.my/pub/cica/win3/demo/amipro31.zip
    Disk 2: ftp://ftp.jaring.my/pub/cica/win3/demo/amipro32.zip

Both servers are kind of slow.

sigou

Quote Originally Posted by aolegia

I have many documents written with this software that I can't open with a newer version (Lotus WordPro), and I didn't find it anywhere.

HELP ME, PLEASE !!
    Hello, I'm French, I have AmiPro 3.1 French version for 10 years ago
    When i want use a X.sam file with an other soft than AmiPro, I open my X.sam files with Lotus
    WordPro ('97 for Windows 95 edition) and i save unther the required format : DOC, RTF or other...

Alain

Administrator

welcome to oldversion,were you aware of the age of this thread before you posted in it ? im sure the O.P would be long gone by now,but on a plus note its good to see new members reading old postings and learning a little about the forum as well as trying to help others
    simply me

Hi,

Just for the record, I'm a huge Ami Pro fan, =).
    I have install disks for Ami Pro 3.01
    and Ami Pro 2.0.

If anyone ever needs either (even if it's years later), simply PM me.

I also started a group for Ami Pro on Facebook. It lost its five members when it upgraded to the New Groups format, but oh well, =S.
    Here's the URL: http://www.facebook.com/groups/56472463925/
    I might do a page to like in future, when I get some time.

And yes, I realise this is a very old thread - but it's also the one that appears at the top of the Google search results, so anything posted here will be seen by those searching for Lotus Ami Pro, =).

Default In appreciation

Hah! it's been over 5 years since this thread was visited, and I stumble upon a new response from just 3 weeks ago! Funny coincidence in that. I loved Lotus SmartSuite back in it's the day of Windows 95/98. I'm almost inspired to attempt a load of the old floppy disks on a legacy Compaq chilling in the back corner.

Default Still using Ami?

Quote Originally Posted by aolegia View Post

HELP ME, PLEASE !!
    I'm just curious if you've still been using Ami Pro for your word processing needs.... of course, I'd bet you've finished your conversion to Word standards long ago.

I don't know about the original poster, but I was using Ami Pro when the Facebook notification arrived that you'd joined the Ami Pro Facebook group, ^_^...haha...! Thanks for joining, =). We're now three, where before the new groups format, we were nine...-_-...oh well...^_^...we'll get there again, =D.

I recently helped another user out with both Ami Pro install files, and the text converter for Word (which I think I originally got from Microsoft's site, but ah well...). So the files are online if anyone needs the link.

And yes...Lotus Smartsuite. I still draw on the clipart from a very old version of Freelance Graphics to this day, ^_^.