Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

How do I start my computer in safemode, im not smart with computers, can you tell me how to start my computer in safemode.

Beta

Originally posted by Guest@Jun 20 2004, 09:02 PM
    How do I start my computer in safemode, im not smart with computers, can you tell me how to start my computer in safemode.
    I very much doubt that you are not smart enough to boot in safe mode. However should that be the case re-start your computer, after the initial BIOS info you will see depending on your Windows version, something like ''Verifying pool data''. Just hit the key on the top row of your keyboard marked F8. This will then give you the option to start in safe mode or other options.
    If this still sounds daunting as soon as your computer starts up, just keep pressing F8 until the boot options appear. Select safe mode and then navigate to Windows Explorer, then try to delete your unwanted file.

Super Moderator

Deleting files via 'safe mode' is not always certain. Safe mode just loads the computer with limited support files, such as the higher resolution for the Video display, it defaults to using a safe VGA display driver.
    If the program is loading when the computer starts, you need to disable it from loading, this can be done with the msconfig utility.
    Click Start-->Run then type msconfig, go to the startup tab, and disable the kazaa app which is loading.
    This will (should) disable the app from loading into memory when the computer starts. Then try deleting it after rebooting.
    If this still does not solve the problem. then you might need to delete the stubborn app via DOS.

I just set back my pc to acouple days ago, and now it is fine.

OSBETAARCHIVE