Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: WinMX Patch

Default WinMX Patch

I loved one of the older versions of WinMX. NOW you need some kind of "patch" to get it to work. WHERE do i get this patch?
    By the way, I am a teacher so I use the free DLs in my lessons. I am not one of these so -called pirates tha Don Henley is so concerned about, okay? (The man spent a little too much of his money trying to protect those woods!)
    Thank you!

Administrator

this has been asked and answered here on the forums in the past and im sure you will find and answer in past postings,try a search and your answer is there im sure,if i get the time i will have a look but there are so many threads on p2p stuff it may take a while,if i find a suitable i will merge this with it.
    simply me

Default WIN mX patch

I honestly have no idea how to find this information myself. I have tried searching but i must not use the correct keywords. I was hoping that someone could direct me to an "even-an-idiot-can-do-it" site. I can read and follow directions--no problem! I am glad someone actually understood my question, at any rate!

Release Candiate 1

I've found that the 'patch' no longer works with older versions of WinMX, Version WinMX 3.54 Beta 4 works fine. I had the patch, but deleted it long ago being that it is now worthless. The patch was basically some Hosts file entries created by a former WinMX developer soon after the RIAA had WinMX shut down.
    Last edited by Zootopia3000; 06-17-2007 at 01:25 PM.

Release Candiate 1

UPDATE:
    WinMX 3.53/3.54 needs a Hosts file patch again to connect. Download at...

http://rapidshare.com/files/51642865...anual.zip.html

...Place Hosts file in Windows/System32/drivers/etc folder for Win2K/XP or Windows folder for Windows 98SE/ME.