Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AOL

Beta

Originally posted by guest_jessica@Dec 26 2004, 07:39 PM
    Not sure which forum to use for my problem. I just got a new computer for christmas and I am already logged on to AIM/MSN messengers then let's say I want to check my email on America Online or disconnect from it. I log on and it automaticaly disconnects and reconnects me to AIM/MSN Messengers. I checked both MSN and Windows and AIM none of the options are checked to start up automatically. It shouldn't do this cos it doesnt on my old computer or anyones elses computer I use.
    I'm not exactly sure how you may have thought that a board which is dedicated to supplying old versions of software could possibly help you to configure your new Christmas present. Maybe our very knowledgeable moderator or one of the more altruistic members may enter into the spirit of the season and suggest something, otherwise you may be better advised posting on a general PC help forum.

It's not a general PC problem because the PC is brand new. It's something to do with XP SP2 and MacFee, I think. I posted it here because it has to due with America Online and it only disconnects/reconnects me when I have AIM, MSN and bring up AOL all at the same time and use them. It shouldn't do this because I have comcast cable and it didnt do it on my old computer. I could sign off AOL just fine without MSN/AIM doing their hippy dippy dance. I didnt have SP2 and MacFee on the old one. didnt buy it either just came with the new computer. so its def not my new computer.

usually the best idea with a software problem is to check the developers websites for known issues they usually have a good FAQ section that covers such issues as you have asked about.

USE AN OLDER VERSION OF AOL

::
    ::
    :::::
    ::::::::