Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

guest_Chris

Recently my computer got infected hardcore with spyware, ads, etc. I was able to remove it with the help of some programs, now I can't open Kazaa Lite or AIM, I get the same error message for both whenever I try to open the programs. "KazaaLite.kpp has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." or "AOL Instant Messenger has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I thought about reformatting my hard drive, but I dont want to lose the music I have already downloaded. Any ideas on what could have caused this problem and any way to fix it? Thanks

Super Moderator

Check this previous thread which is related.
    http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...t=ST&f=2&t=2471
    Removing the spyware from a spyware supported apps, usually renders that apps useless, since the spyware is what keeps the app functioning.

WHAT AN UTTER TROLL the apps not running does not mean that you will lose your music as its stored seperately in your MY SHARED FOLDER just copy the music over to a new folder then reinstall the app thats messed up. really these kazaa questions are getting really silly and the spamming is quite ridiculous i notice in a recent thread that the GAFFER posted a link to a kazza forum had you searched the threads here you would of found it and had a link to a forum that is just p2p based and deals with that only which is far better than the help you will get from oldversion as these forums are just for old versions of software and not file sharing forums