Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

brogen

I downloaded Musicmatch 4.0 but when i try to create a cd-r it says that i need a driver but i have one
    what am i doing wrong?
    new to this site
    Help!!!!!!!!!1 1
    Brogen

Super Moderator

what driver does it give saying you need? ASPI driver? or??

brogen

it says you cannot create a cd unless you have a cd-r driver but i have it already installed,
    whats up?
    Thanks
    cathy

Super Moderator

Maybe musicmatch does not support your CD Recorder. This seems odd, but not all software supports all hardware. you should look on musicmatch's website to see if your hardware recorder is supported.

BEASTIEBOYS

music match tends to do that a lot...your not tha first person with that problem...ditch music match and go with iTUNES™...simply, easy, fast, reliable....basiclly it everything you want and dont want in a mp3 media player. ITs the best player, bunner, ripper. YOU WONT REGRET IT...its a great program

SoberTillNoon

Are you getting the terminology wrong? You might have the cd DRIVE but not the correct DRIVER. The driver is the bit of software that tells the computer what the hardware is. Make sure you have the most up to date driver. Go to the website of the manufacturer to download the newest driver. If that still does not work, make sure that all the cables are connected properly. After that, the only thing that I can tell you is go to another piece of software. Winamp is nice, and iTunes does not sound bad. Also, if all you are doing is burning, you might want to check out some freeware burners at sourceforge.net.

CyberRaven

It all depends on the type of CD Burner that you currently use. MusicMatch is known for not supporting alot of CD Burners no matter if your drivers are up to date. Specifically GE CD Burners..... MusicMatch will not recognize the driver as a valid CD Burner..... it will read it as a regular CD-Rom. Just make sure that your drivers are up to date and try to reinstall the program.... If that does not work.... I would strongly recomend Nero Burning Rom.... I personally prefer that over ITunes...,.. Itunes has a tendency to eat up all system resources, no matter what hardware you run. Nero supports all drives and drivers.... Visit their website for a trial version....
    Nero 6 Ultra Edition Trial

Super Moderator

CD/DVD Drive = Physical Hardware Device
    CD/DVD Driver = Software that determines how the computer will communicate with a peripheral device; (Hardware).
    When referring to 'Driver', you should specify 'device driver' or 'software driver'.

Many CD/DVD Recording software titles do not support ALL hardware devices. It's may require updating the recording software if the CD/DVD Recorder is not supported. Or waiting until the developers include your hardware in its supported devices.
    Updating the device driver software is many times not an option.

Nero is good if you wish to make ISO/Joliet or UDF disks, as it does not support RockRidge or Romeo file formats.
    NTI support ISO/Joliet/Romeo and possibly UDF.

Some of the freeware titles listing in another thread (in previous posting of mine) may also support writing RockRidge.

Originally posted by CyberRaven@Jul 7 2004, 04:16 PM
    I personally prefer that over ITunes...,.. Itunes has a tendency to eat up all system resources, no matter what hardware you run.
    System resources are not a hardware issue, it deals with the OS. Windows has a set limited amount of possible resources.

SoberTillNoon

I use nero myself, but I use 5. I would have recomended nero, but I really don't like 6. For some strange reason they went in a direction that was really bad gui-wise. I really like 5, and it is what I recomend if you are going to spend money. Try to find it on e-bay, because that is the only place you will. Otherwise, go opensource.

-W-