Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Gold

Set up Floppies?

I could sure use an old version of Western Digital EZ-Bios... The new WD Utility don't do what I want it to do... The old verzion gave you more comtrol.

Maxtor/Seagate/Quantum/IBM...

I have a few of these, anyone got the WD version though?

Thanx!

Oh yah: You can respond to me at sputzer@NOSPAMhotmail.com (does the [email] tag work? (yep it does cool)

Remove the NOSPAM

Super Moderator

Please read the pinned topic How to Request an App if your not certain on how to make a request, then add the necessary info back into this thread. If your making a request, this is how all requested should be formatted.
    Also, search the forum before making requests (stated in the Howto), and if you find a similar request, please post in that exisiting thread, to help reduce repeating requests.

Check this previous thread of similar nature.
    http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...2178&hl=western

http://www.snapfiles.com/freeware/system/f...fwsysmaint.html look at this link you may find the ultimate boot cd of some use

Gold

Thanx "guest" I'll check that out- That looks like something that I can use. However, I still need a copy of the Western Digital hard drive set up floppy, that has EZ-Bios on it. I need the EZ-Bios.

"Guest" - That archive is corrupt, I tried to repair it with two different archive programs- No Soap. However, I found the site that hosts that file, and it looks like, IF I can find an uncorrupted archive, that this is an extremely helpful set of tools. I found my way to the site from which that utility originated, and if I can get a working archive of the product, well, I appreciate the link, ok? But I still really need EZ-BIOS.

Locust: GGGGR: I thought I had made a specific request. I would be happy to follow any guidelines that you guys have for posting a req, however, I stumbled across this site in a hurried and harried search, and at the time I posted it, I was in the middle of rebuilding one computer and assembling two others. Forgive me, when I have time, I will read all of your guidelines and I will adhere to them. However, please dont konk me over the head with a rulebook, ok?

Anyway, I'll repeat my request: I need Western Digital EZ-Bios in some form, these used to be found on WD setup floppy disks. Sorry, I DO NOT have a version number... All I know is that every WD hard drive that you bought about 5 years ago, came with the EZ-Bios floppy diskette... Does anyone happen to have an old EZ-BIOS floppy from that time sitting about? I would be extremely in debt to anyone who can point me to that.

I have an old P-III motherboard that has a stupid 32-Gig BIOS limitation for hard drives and I remember that the old WD Easy-Bios had a way around that... So, hence the request for EZ-Bios.

Locust: I have hundreds of old apps, I'm sure I might have something that someone needs. I have this stuff archived on CD's and most of it is freeware. If there is a place to post a list the stuff I have, I'll come back and check it out when I have time. But just fyi, I appreciate that there is a site like this where I can find old versions of some of the programs that I like to use. I'll be happy to contribute, if someone has a specific request, I'll look through my archives when I have time.

So, thanx very much fo the link, ok?

Gold

OK, Locust:

I just checked out that format you laid out... I get the picture.

However, this thing I am looking for, is just a generic utility that WD used to make:

http://support.wdc.com/download/index.asp

the closest thing Western Digital makes is the "Data Lifeguard Tools" - But, that utility package does NOT include the utility I am searching for.

I'm looking for Western Digital "EZ-Bios" that is the best way I can describe it, and it came on Floppy Diskettes that were given to you when you bought the drives... Computer shops had these diskettes stacked like cards near the hard drive bin.

It is easier in this case if I just describe what I am looking for, and see if anyone (like "Guest") that can help me out.

This is like a one-time scenario, anything else I am looking for, I don't see any problem using your "template" up above. ok? Ok.

Thank you very much.

J

Super Moderator

Originally posted by weAponX@Jul 8 2004, 09:50 PM
    Locust: GGGGR: I thought I had made a specific request. I would be happy to follow any guidelines that you guys have for posting a req, however, I stumbled across this site in a hurried and harried search, and at the time I posted it, I was in the middle of rebuilding one computer and assembling two other
    As stated before in another posting, Yes, you might be in a hurry and feel its not worth your time to fill in the info as stated, But thats not to punish you, but to improve YOUR chances of someone locating the requested file. And why should those who seek files, spend more time tracking down this info, then you yourself are willing to give forth?
    People here are glad to help. and by following the template. it makes it easier and less head scratching trying to figure out what someone is asking for.
    All that is included in the Howto is exactly what is necessary, nothing more.
    I've been tracking and finding files for people for sometime now, and from all the requests, the template was born. To help speed up your chance of getting a reply quickly and to make less work for the ones who search.
    Because you were in a hurry, and did not post correctly, the only thing you did was make your file request get skipped over for someone who did post correctly.
    I no longer spend time tracking down website and trying to figure out what someone is seeking, If they fail to fill in the necessary info.
    Some members use to answer any and all requests, but over time, they too have begun skipping blank requests.

You seeking WD's tool similar to Maxtor's 'EZ-BIOS', which eliminates the cylinder limitation of the motherboards bios.

You never mentioned if you had checked into the link i dropped for the other request for this same file. Are those links what your seeking? if not, you make no mention of it.
    I do in fact have a copy of something on a floppy disk. The floppy I have states "Data Lifeguard Tools" version 2.8, contains "EZ-Install, BIOS CHECK, Diagnostics, Ultra AT-Management"

Ok...

Ok, look I apologise for getting miffed, for no reason, I'll check out your link, I forgot to do that yesterday... Yes, the Western Digital EZ BIOS is just like the Maxtor EZ Bios, and I think the app works with any hard drive.

"Guest" - I got a good copy of that file, that disk is bunk! It is just an HTML file with LINKS (a lot of them outdated) to hard drive tools. It does have one or two actual apps on the CD, but it does not have EZ-BIOS on it, so thanx anyway.

Locutus, ah er, I mean, Locust, I'll check your link right away.

Thanx

Gold

Ahh I forgot to log in...

Yah, those files you posted look right, I downloaded them both.

Also, Thanx for mentioning the Maxtor EZ Bios, is not EZ Bios on the maxblast II floppy?

I can check these all out then.