Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Yahoo Messenger

Elainemc55

Default 6.0 version of Yahoo Messenger

I would like the 6.0 version of Yahoo messenger but don't know where to find it. Can anyone help me please? I have tried the new 7.0 voice version but I am having trouble with it rebooting when I send messages to my friends or when they send me messages to me which is very annoying. Also, the stealth mode doesn't always work and wondered if this happens to anyone else. I use Yahoo messenger most of the time but this new version (7.0) is giving me heaps of problems and crashes everyday. PLEASE tell me where I can find the 6.0 version. Oldversion.com only has the 5.0 version and 5.6 as the current one which is way out of date. Hope someone has some answers for me soon as I am going nuts trying to find 6.0 and don't know where else to look.

Administrator

admin always appreciate knowing when things need updating,as far as wanting yahoo v6 you need to make requests in the request board following the pinned topic how to request an app, also be sure to try searching before you make a request and vary your search words as in try messenger and not just yahoo.
    simply me

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Elainemc55
    having trouble with it rebooting when I send messages to my friends or when they send me messages to me which is very annoying. . . but this new version (7.0) is giving me heaps of problems and crashes everyday.
    Yes, I am hearing from my family members who are having nothing but trouble with version 7 of yahoo. I've already reinstalled their systems a couple times. The first time I have had to reinstall their systems in several months, and it just needed this because they installed 7

Your post was merged into this existing thread, which contains a link to a website which hosts many older versions of yahoo messenger. I'll add the link again to my thread.

Another good reason why it makes sense to search before posting.

http://www.freecreed.com/ymsgr-archive.html

frank bk28

Default older version yahoo messenger

Do you want your old yahoo messenger BACK? Then email me right now! I can get the older version back for you... The old is sometimes better than the new.
    my email: frank1@galmail.co.za

bovine

question:

is oldversion.com going to include yahoo messenger 6.xxx in the downloads section for yahoo messenger? Yahoo no longer provides ANY version except for 7.

I made the mistake of uninstalling version 6. version 7 does not install on my machine(win2kpro sp4 with all applicable security updates). I get the .exe thats roughly 300KB but when i dclick it to start the 20 meg bloatware download it does nothing. saving the installer to desktop and dclicking or choosing open file location both dont work. it also didnt work when i had v.6 installed and chose upgrade to 7 at the prompt v.6 gives.

if i watch taskmanager the process just dies after a few seconds with no errors being produced on screen, and from what I've read, its probably a good thing. this is a fairly clean install of windows(not much 3rd party software installed) with pretty standard hardware. creative soundcard, asus mobo, stick of crucial ram, nvidia vcard, plus all previous versions of y messenger have never created issues for me on this same box with the same hardware. if they would just provide the dang installation file upfront instead of the 'online' installer it would make this much easier!!! Ok im wandering off topic since I dont want version 7 anyways. I just couldnt find 6 again after uninstallling.

freecreed.com is ok, if u get lucky and it works that week. This site is so much more reliable, hence my question about if it(version 6) will eventually be hosted here.

-TIA

Quote Originally Posted by bovine
    question:

is oldversion.com going to include yahoo messenger 6.xxx in the downloads section for yahoo messenger? Yahoo no longer provides ANY version except for 7.

I made the mistake of uninstalling version 6. version 7 does not install on my machine(win2kpro sp4 with all applicable security updates). I get the .exe thats roughly 300KB but when i dclick it to start the 20 meg bloatware download it does nothing. saving the installer to desktop and dclicking or choosing open file location both dont work. it also didnt work when i had v.6 installed and chose upgrade to 7 at the prompt v.6 gives.

if i watch taskmanager the process just dies after a few seconds with no errors being produced on screen, and from what I've read, its probably a good thing. this is a fairly clean install of windows(not much 3rd party software installed) with pretty standard hardware. creative soundcard, asus mobo, stick of crucial ram, nvidia vcard, plus all previous versions of y messenger have never created issues for me on this same box with the same hardware. if they would just provide the dang installation file upfront instead of the 'online' installer it would make this much easier!!! Ok im wandering off topic since I dont want version 7 anyways. I just couldnt find 6 again after uninstallling.

freecreed.com is ok, if u get lucky and it works that week. This site is so much more reliable, hence my question about if it(version 6) will eventually be hosted here.

-TIA
    I am adding Yahoo 6.1922 to the archive right now.
    Alex Levine
    OldVersion.com
    Helper

bovine

whoohooooooo!!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bovine
    whoohooooooo!!!!

Thanks
    http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=yahoo

Download at will.
    Alex Levine
    OldVersion.com
    Helper

johnnycoug

Default Those Tyrants at Yahoo!

I just wanted to get on here and say THANK U and thank u god that I could find an old version of Yahoo Messenger 6.0... Those jerks at Yahoo seem to have done everything they could to make it impossible to download anything but the new 7.0. Apparently I am not the only person who despises it... Im not exactly a computer programmer, but I know what I am doing and I could not for the LIFE of me get that new version to work. Worst of all Yahoo doesnt seem to like helping its customers out much because I waited days for a response to my email and cant find a phone number for tech support anywhere, the only thing I could find was a corperate office number.... Go Oldversion!!!
    john

Default yahoo -- messenger old versions

To
    All the people wishing to find old versions of yahoo messenger here is a link for most oldies but not for 5.6 i,m looking for that 5.6 my self but there is at the bottom of this site all these ready to down load ok --- 3.0 3.5 4.1 5.0 6.01922 http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=yahoo - old versions
    if any one can tell me were to find 5.6 i,d be very great full.

bye all have fun