Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Barblane

I recently decided to go ahead and try out MSN's new 8.0 (software only), Bring your own ISP. It's excellent. But, the old messenger from MSN Explorer is still hanging around. I can't locate it in add/remove to uninstall it. (I run XP Home Edition).
    Now everytime I sign on MSN 8, I get an alert to update MSN Messenger to the latest version (5.0), even though it's already present. I imagine it's recognizing that ghostly 4.7 in my computer? How can I safely uninstall it?

Any ideas? :huh: :unsure:

Ric Gates

Next time it starts up right-click the tray icon or find the options menu in the open window and tell it not to log in automatically.
    I know I've disabled MSNIM from starting in several different systems, but it will always load when you open Outlook and close when Outlook closes (yeah, so don't use Outlook). Sorry I don't remember the exact steps to turn it off, but it's there.
    When 5.0 loads (as it hopefully will now) you can set it up the way you want it (per MS approval).
    If all else fails you can try to reinstall 4.7, then uninstall it, then install 5.0 again - that's a typical procedure in Windoz.

--
    | Ric

SS

You probably have to uninstall MSN Messenger 4.7 and 5.0 (alltogether.) Then you must go to MSN Messenger's home page, and download 5.0 again.

Budmaas

I downloaded MSN Messanger 4.7 & using 2 messangers in one time .But whenver I open a new window to send send messange nay user it dispalyes the "And your Allah is One Allah. There is no god but He, Most Gracious, Most Merciful. in the frist at the top ...

Any solution to edit or .................?

:angry:

SS

Budmaas, you should only download one version of MSN Messenger. You are getting that message because you have 2 messengers open at the same time. Download one here or here. Or remove one version of MSN Messenger.

bloodhawk

:angry: ok i just recently downloaded msn messenger 4.5 4.6 4.7 i tryed them all i had msn messenger 5.0 but it would keep kicking me out of msn and then i wouldnt be able to log into msn or access my internet now that i downloaded those version it goes perfect into my computer but the desktop icon doesnt pop up and when i go into my start menu and try to open msn threw there the hour glass pops up but msn doesnt start up if u guys no wut is happening can u please help me out here

faizan

Originally posted by SS@Dec 1 2002, 04:30 PM
    Budmaas, you should only download one version of MSN Messenger. You are getting that message because you have 2 messengers open at the same time. Download one here or here. Or remove one version of MSN Messenger.
    :blink:

[QUOTE=Barblane]I recently decided to go ahead and try out MSN's new 8.0 (software only), Bring your own ISP. It's excellent. But, the old messenger from MSN Explorer is still hanging around. I can't locate it in add/remove to uninstall it. (I run XP Home Edition).
    Now everytime I sign on MSN 8, I get an alert to update MSN Messenger to the latest version (5.0), even though it's already present. I imagine it's recognizing that ghostly 4.7 in my computer? How can I safely uninstall it?

Quote Originally Posted by faizan
    :blink:
    i m not able to install the new version of msn messenger.i m not able to remove my old version oif msn messenger that is 4.7.while downloading new msn messenger an error 1601 occures.
    can u help me.

[QUOTE=korry]i m not able to install the new version of msn messenger.i m not able to remove my old version oif msn messenger that is 4.7.while downloading new msn messenger an error 1601 occures.i m not able to remove my my old version of msn messenger
    can u help me.