Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Dead Aim

SoberTillNoon

Lighten up. Seriously, the search function is for you. When I offer guine help, pay attention, othewise, I am spouting bulls**t. And AIM and p2p is not all Iknow, they are the only NEW topics that have come about. I will not comment on an old topic because the chances that it has been fullfilled are great, and I don't want to read about something I know about to find out something I already know.

-W-

Originally posted by SoberTillNoon@Jul 11 2004, 09:03 PM
    Lighten up. Seriously, the search function is for you. When I offer guine help, pay attention, othewise, I am spouting bulls**t. And AIM and p2p is not all Iknow, they are the only NEW topics that have come about. I will not comment on an old topic because the chances that it has been fullfilled are great, and I don't want to read about something I know about to find out something I already know.

-W-
    i have no need to lighten up, you have obviously not got the brain to realise the simple fact i was pointing out to you, nothing more nothing less it was a simple pointer i made and that is all

SoberTillNoon

I am letting you win this, because I have no will to fight. Have a good one.

-W-

Originally posted by SoberTillNoon@Jul 12 2004, 09:56 PM
    I am letting you win this, because I have no will to fight. Have a good one.

-W-
    it wasnt a stand off buddy just a pointer, nobody worth an gram of goodness wants to fight in a forum , you have a good one youself as well mate, we will just agree to disagree

guest_Brian

Originally posted by SoberTillNoon@Jul 11 2004, 09:03 PM

-W-
    with all due respect, the search function doesnt always work that swiftly. i did a search for AIM just today and got 0 results. When i entered the forum there were several questions and answers reguarding aim that the search function never brought up. Maybe people are asking questions over again because the search isn't bringing the results that it is suppose to. i visit another board frequently and it has this exact same problem and the users get flamed for it because "it looks like they are not using the search" Proverbally: when you invent a faulty product, don't shoot the customer when it doesnt work!"

Super Moderator

Originally posted by guest_Brian+Jul 14 2004, 02:08 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (guest_Brian @ Jul 14 2004, 02:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>with all due respect,** the search function doesn&#39;t always work that swiftly.* * i did a search for AIM just today and got 0 results.** ....* i visit another board frequently and it has this exact same problem and the users get flamed for it because "it looks like they are not using the search" [/b]

The search feature works fine, you just are not reading the error message then, which would explain that searching must be contain 4 characters. doing a search on 3 would just result in too many irrelevant hits so its not utilized. Try the same on google and see the results. the better the keywords, the better the results.
    But I do know exactly what you probably are thinking as i find it annoying at times as well when searching for a subject, since just about all the programs today are using abbreviations. such as
    AIM, ICQ, MSN, YIM, SIM, PIM, PDA, VIM,
    it really would require using some customizations of the database, or using a better way to index.
    <!--QuoteBegin--guest_Brian
    @Jul 14 2004, 02:08 PM

Proverbally: when you invent a faulty product, don&#39;t shoot the customer when it doesn&#39;t work&#33;"
    [/quote] No, you shoot em when they say the product is broken yet its not, the user never bothered to read the instructions since the customer always thinks they know how everything works without ever having had used the product before.

stickel87

hey guys i found a file u guys can add to oldversion.com deadaim 4.5 its located at REMOVED some guy ina yahoo chat told me bout it i checked it out and it was nice program n easy to use check it out no worries bout virsues i have norton 2003 updated 3 days ago n i dled it like yesterday so check it out:-D

Super Moderator

Originally posted by DEADAIM@ http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=deadaim
    Why do you only have freeware and shareware?
    This is not a "warez" site. We are able to legally distribute only freeware and shareware, since they are free.

guest_Janus

I&#39;m using AIM 5.2.3292 with Dead AIM 3.2.1. Oldversion doesn&#39;t seem to have 3.2.1. anymore but either 3.2.7 or 3.2.8 should work just fine.

*Lauren*

ok so i downloaded the dead aim and i downloaded it but as soon as i exit out of my aol thing.. i dont know how to get it back. i have been uninstalling it and then reinstalling it every time. i need help please

*Lauren* :blink: