Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Pruis

Hello,

I've a question about this site. I don't know if it is legal to offer software as Nero Burning Rom. Normally you've to pay for such software.
    I've build a website for people who have computerproblems and maybe I want to make a downloadlink to this site. So I need to know if it is legal to offer software as Nero.

Tnx.

PS. I'm sorry for my bad English

It's not the full version of Nero that you are seeing, it is the demo.

Yes, it's legal.
    Alex Levine
    OldVersion.com
    Helper

Beta

Ablix is Admin.
    But from just a normal member, you will not find a more ''squeaky clean'' site anywhere on the www
    Your proposed web-site would be enriched by recommending oldversion.com

As far as I can tell, everything offered at Oldversion.com is either free or a demo/trial version.

If you can show that they're inadvertently offering anything illegal, let the owners know. If you're right, they'll probably remove it.

me

hello buddy, go for it , this place is as clean as a whistle, doesnt condone piracy or the use of warez or the like, the programs here are merely archived older versions of programs to preserve them, any thing illegal in the forums is removed virtually instantly, if you read through the forums and stuff you will realise what a great site this is and has a great bunch of members and visitors alike, ive been reading here for ages and find it great for pc problems and software, 100% legal this site only offers freeware and shareware titles and demo software, ps let us have your web address so that we can check out your site

Illegal Concepts

Yeah, this site is special, no Illegals. however what I understand is only if you host Illegal files you can get in trouble, as there are sites that just offer links and torrent trackers that have been around forever, Suprnova radio comes to mind.

i would think that offering links to illegal content would also be illegal , hence the reason that ov does not have links to warez sites posted on the forum if any occur they are swiftly removed.

Illegal Concepts

nonsense, just look at Suprnova, they don't host the files, they just track them. Thus look at warez.net, hey the RIAA SPA knows about them, but their still in buisness.
    i would think that offering links to illegal content would also be illegal
    Then GOOGLE would be Illegal. :huh:

Super Moderator

Originally posted by Illegal Concepts@Oct 11 2004, 01:48 PM
    nonsense, just look at Suprnova, they don't host the files, they just track them.
    Hosting links to illegal content is illegal, Check the DMCA.
    Referring to the actions of others is not a way to run a site. Maybe those sites are still alive because they are located outside of the USA.
    Oldversion is bound by the laws of the US.

Google receives hundreds of C&D's daily. Google is responsible and liable for links to content which violates the DMCA.

Illegal Concepts

very well could be.

That is sneaky on the Movie Industry!