Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Mr. E.

Unfortunately my backup image for Disk 1 of MicroHelp Uninstaller 4 is useless because the original floppy disk must have been corrupted at the time of backup.

The backup image of Disk 2 seems to be OK.

Can anyone supply me with an image of Disk 1?

Thanks, Mr. E.

Program Name: MicroHelp Uninstaller 4
    Website: nil (was www.microhelp.com, then www.cybermedia.com, then www.mcafee.com, now gooooone)
    Current version: nil (I think the last version released was 6)
    Desired versions: Version 4
    Description: Utility released by MicroHelp about 1997 to allow full removal (and restoration) of files and registry entries of unwanted programs. It also makes a fully transportable compressed backup copy of installed programs (including files and registry entries). It also enables the movement of the storage directories for a program to be moved to other drives on the sytem without re-installation.

Love it !
    Miss it sadly !

Super Moderator

Originally posted by Mr. E.+Jul 18 2004, 06:26 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mr. E. @ Jul 18 2004, 06:26 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Unfortunately my backup image for Disk 1 of MicroHelp Uninstaller 4 is useless because the original floppy disk must have been corrupted at the time of backup.

The backup image of Disk 2 seems to be OK.

Can anyone supply me with an image of Disk 1?[/b]

This description makes it sound like it was a retail app. Not something you downloaded as shareware/freeware.

<!--QuoteBegin--FAQS
    @ http://www.oldversion.com/faq.php
    Why do you only have freeware and shareware?
    This is not a "warez" site. We are able to legally distribute only freeware and shareware, since they are free.
    [/quote]

Originally posted by Unregistered Mr. E. Posted@Jul18 2004, 06:26 AM
    It also enables the movement of the storage directories for a program to be moved to other drives on the sytem without re-installation.
    You might like to try the free program mentioned in this thread
    http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...t=ST&f=3&t=1826

Mr. E.

>QUOTE (FAQS @ http://www.oldversion.com/faq.php )
    >Why do you only have freeware and shareware?
    >This is not a "warez" site. We are able to legally distribute only freeware and shareware, since they are >free.

Sorry. Didn&#39;t see this in the "About" section. Didn&#39;t think to look in the fine-print in the FAQ section.
    I&#39;m not looking for "warez". Just asking around for a backup for something for which I paid good money.
    The originators are no longer selling or supporting.

Thanks anyway. I&#39;ll just keep asking. Someone out there must be able to help.

Until then; It&#39;s just a Mr. E. to me ;-)

Originally posted by Mr. E. Posted Unregistered@Jul 22 2004, 11:35 AM[/quote
    Thanks anyway. I&#39;ll just keep asking. Someone out there must be able to help.
    I&#39;m 97% sure your right, just not here please.
    --------------------------------
    Most of the products that MicroHelp sold were licensed from outside developers.MicroHelp may of had a trial but I&#39;m unable to locate it.
    Cybermedia Uninstaller 5.1 14 day trial win95/98/NT
    http://ftp.pcworld.com/pub/new/utilities/o...er/unitrial.zip << 1614.1KB