Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

guest_Royaltiger

I was wondering if any of you guys know which CD or DVD burners are the best in town. I use Roxio, which is the worst program in the history of burning program. So, i am looking for best cd buring program offered free (burn4free.com) or good programs that cost dollars. Before i get any CD burnign program, I would like to have some suggestions as what program is the best, and what is best about it and where can i find it? Thanks A lot!!

chester_ting

guest_Royaltiger,

Check out this previous thread on freeware CD/DVD burners

http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...&st=0#entry5162

Good luck & Enjoy!

dnix71

burn4free is full of adware. www.videohelp.com has reviews and the download link. I have an eMac and an eMachine. I don't like the letter e so much, but I don't have much money to spend. DeepBurner is free and for basic stuff is fine. www.deepburner.com is the homepage. Astonsoft has other products as well. There really is no best program on a pc. I use freeware RAW CD Copy v2.1(the download sites are in German and English, Google using the name and the word download. Nero 6 ultra(which a friend gave me), Easy Creator 6 Classic, and isobuster pro 1.6. Sometimes one program won't copy a disc or file properly so it's nice to have as many options as you can afford. If you are using 98/ME you must have a good ASPI layer to copy some things(ASPI_ME by Steve Gibson may still be available from a dark corner of the web somewhere. To use it, set your computer clock back before Jan, 1999 install and then set it forward again. In 2000 you need the Patin-Coffin Layer and with XP get ForceAspi1.7.

Super Moderator

Originally posted by dnix71@Aug 11 2004, 09:11 PM
    There really is no best program on a pc.
    Sure there are many good ones for the 'PC.' Such as Gcombust, K3b does very well with DVD/CD's, then ofcourse there is a excellent - CDRtools with growisofs for creating dvd's. And these are FREE. With cdrtools, there is really nothing you can't do with it.

Previous thread for DVD coping titles

I prefer Nero, it is compatable with both CD and DVD burning.

chester_ting

I use CDBurnerXP Pro

Its good give it a try

ShadowFalls

I much prefer Nero, easy to use and it does the job