Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Default Windows Live Hotmail Problem

When I reply to an email in RTF (Rich Text Format) in Windows Live Hotmail, I notice there is an up and down button within the message frame itself, making it very difficult to read the message that I am replying to - I have to scoll up and down to see the senders message.

I have to change over to PTF (Plain Text Format) so I can read the senders message that I am replying to, and when I have typed the reply, I have to convert back to RTF and I notice that the up and down buttons that were within the message are no longer there.

Does anyone else have this problem and does anyone know how to fix the problem without switching back and forth from RTF to PTF and back to RTF?

Super Moderator

Usually that e-mail is HTML, not RTF. You might want to disable receiving or displaying e-mails in HTML.

Default Hotmail Problem

Thanks for rely, this problem has only just started, I never had this problem before when replying to an email that was in the RTF - is it something that Microsoft has incorporated into replies?

Could you advise me how I change over as per your post?

Default it's very useful article, thanks.

can you kindly PM your MSN to me, thank you.
    Last edited by the gaffer; 05-25-2008 at 03:58 PM. Reason: removed spam links.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiyureboy View Post
    can you kindly PM your MSN to me, thank you.
    if you can help then please help via replying to the forum,this then helps others with the same problem in the future,im sure people will not bother sending you their msn etc when they could just pm you.
    simply me

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Muffy View Post
    Thanks for rely, this problem has only just started, I never had this problem before when replying to an email that was in the RTF - is it something that Microsoft has incorporated into replies?

Could you advise me how I change over as per your post?
    Are you certain it is in RTF (Rich Text Format) and not HTML (Hyper-Text Mark-up Language). RTF is loosely a copy of TeX (a typesetting system). Most e-mail clients would use HTML, while programs such as MS Word would use RTF. They appear similar, since they both handle font changes or the presentation aspect of a document.

I do not use Hotmail or Outlook, so I am sorry I can directly assist you in makes the necessary changes.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by the gaffer View Post
    if you can help then please help via replying to the forum,this then helps others with the same problem in the future,im sure people will not bother sending you their msn etc when they could just pm you.
    This is the second posting from said use that has only asked for peoples MSN numbers/usernames. Without providing any substantial assistance to the OP.