Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Originally posted by Guest@Aug 13 2004, 04:09 PM
    Last thing I want to do here is put anything down, specially when it's a freebie.

I've been looking at Foobar2000 and since I'm not sure what version MM Jukebox does the job w/o the extras. I'm leaning to try Foobar2000.

Regards...
    Puttin' down a freebis is still OK to do, I'm not a fan of winamp, its still a freebie - for the most part. I also don't care much for Xmms, another freebie.
    Foobar is really good, I am a member on a forum where the developers of Foobar post regularly and basically get a ton of input from and they do have a really good product there, no fancy gui it just plays music.
    If you want a non-GUI player that is excellent, try mpg123 and its offspring, mpg321. It has more abilities which I've yet to see in a gui based player.
    It is fast, as are most - if not all commandline apps are.
    Can really create some interesting 'playlists' by passing off "complex" options. such as
    mpg123 */*il*, which would end up searching in all sub directories, and play ANY song which contains the 2 letters il. for example, when i ran this command, it played these songs, notice where the il is in the name.

output:
    Playing MPEG stream LacunaCoil - Heaven's a Lie (Acoustic).mp3
    Playing MPEG stream Amduscia - Melodies For The Devil - 01 - Beyond The Darkness (Raving Mix).mp3
    Playing MPEG stream Mnemonic - Konstruktive Vergangenheitsbewltigung (cd2) - 05 - Humiliation (Implant Rmx V2).mp3

DC

Thanks for all the input, guys. I guess the features I care most about are:
    1. Super-tagging (I rate songs and give them weird genres, often I even store lyrics in the file)
    2. Auto-DJ based on info in the tags
    3. Convenient/Easy GUI for displaying tag information

I also like having album cover art, CDDB support, and so on, but they're less essential. I haven't found any other programs that support these capabilities. If I'm just missing out (I didn't thoroughly go through the documentation for Foobar or Quinntessential), let me know. Otherwise, I'll report back about anything else I find out.

Super Moderator

Originally posted by DC@Aug 16 2004, 04:29 PM
    Thanks for all the input, guys. I guess the features I care most about are:
    1. Super-tagging (I rate songs and give them weird genres, often I even store lyrics in the file)
    2. Auto-DJ based on info in the tags
    3. Convenient/Easy GUI for displaying tag information

Madman (GNU/*nix)
    Is what i use for a Jukebox; has a great tagging system. with auto tagging, last tag recall function, weighting system; so you can keep track of what you like and don't like. How often a song has been played. The ability to select favorite songs, place them in a playlist automatically, and then burn that particular playlist.
    Plus, has a built in webserver, so you can keep the player and songs on one machine on your LAN and play them on a different machine via a web browser.

quickben

Think their approach to the upgrade was crap - and to find no skins, no lyrics etc etc - and slooooooooooowwww - fortunately found a version of 8.2 again and have gone back to that so much happier

Best version is 7.0!
    I'm testing 9.0 now, but i don't like it, 7.0 is better!

All of Music Match's versions suck. They hog all the system resources and constantly crash. I have a large music library and it cannot handle it at all. They tell me to uninstall and reinstall and the like to no avail. It really is a bad program. I swore off Windows Media Player but am back to using it with its new functions and the like and have not had a problem yet.

jerry

Originally posted by guest_guest@Aug 9 2004, 03:56 AM
    upgraded from 8.2 to the new 9.0. Now the "Convert files" feature is very, very slow. Have it on a P4 1.5mzh with 512megs ram. Tried to convert 10 mp3's that were encoded @ 256 down to 128. 30 mins later it was still trying to decode them down to 128. Fired onld 8.2 up on a 800mhz P3 with 128megs of ram... 10mins later all 10 mp3's re-coded from 256 to 128. Avoid MMJB 9.
    Where can I find old plugins for old Musicmatch(Thomson Lyra pdp 2222) ?

catcha125

Has anyone out there had the same problem? Using version 9 of MUSICMATCH I have had no end of problems with freezing, simply not working etc.. and the latest is it keeps connecting me to the internet every time I start up the programme. I have now uninstalled it and am in the process of reinstalling version 8.2 to see if that solves the problem.

leave_me_alone_0001

that's weird musicmatch 9 has worked fine for me..and even converting files was easy

antibody

Sorry to see MMJB getting worse. I have problems with interfacing with my computer (3Ghz + 1024 ram 240 Gb Hd) it wont simply work! And no skins!
    I use the good ol` 8.0 -version. Ive got the plusversion but thats no help.
    Going to use mediaplayer instead.
    I have tried to tell the staff on MMJB but they dont seems to be interested in my problems with no skins etcetera. Goodbye MMJB. Hello WMD.