Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Layman

I think if you end task in the close program box for explorer, it will close and maybe your computer will encounter a lot of problems i'm not sure if explorer will come back into the close program box like some of the other programs that do when you restart your computer?

Originally posted by Layman@Oct 14 2004, 12:20 AM
    I think if you end task in the close program box for explorer, it will close and maybe your computer will encounter a lot of problems i'm not sure if explorer will come back into the close program box like some of the other programs that do when you restart your computer?
    YOU think , obviously not much, just so you have something else to think about , why would explorer be in the close program dialogue box if it would not return again and make your computer encounter problems if you closed it ? based on that its perhaps a self destruct feature. i think not.

TYPICAL TROLL POST

Super Moderator

Originally posted by martianjoe+Oct 13 2004, 01:05 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (martianjoe @ Oct 13 2004, 01:05 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> You can stop any or all programs that you feel may be interfering except the program called Explorer. This program is the Windows operating system. Keep it running or you will get a major error.[/b]

Originally posted by -Layman@Oct 14 2004, 12:20 AM
    I think if you end task in the close program box for explorer, it will close and maybe your computer will encounter a lot of problems i&#39;m not sure if explorer will come back into the close program box like some of the other programs that do when you restart your computer?
    This was already covered earlier on in the thread. Does no one read the replies.

<!--QuoteBegin--locustfurnace
    @Oct 11 2004, 11:51 AM
    EXPLORER would be the window manager. This is what creates the widgets, dialogue boxes, interaction between your programs, start menu... etc
    You can stop EXPLORER from the task manager, it will restart it instantly.
    You can also replace it with a different shell.
    [/quote]

martianjoe

Yes some of us who post/read these bulletins do read these replies, however, when confliciting information is posted, it is difficult to know what is the truth and what is fiction from some of the replies.
    What I am trying to establish is:

Is it safe to End Task of EXPLORER in the Close Program box, as I am trying to establish if this is interferring with another program.

MS bulletins say not to as it is an integral part of the Windows Operating System.

If I do End Task Explorer will it return to the Close Program Box at anytime and if so, will I have any problems with my computer?

Thankyou for your assistance and you be all kind to one another now&#33;

if you are unwilling to accept the help members here give,dont bother asking for any. this has already been answered in the thread .members here research and use their own built up knowledge of computers to help people dont insult them by wanting it repeating over and over this borders on TROLLING

boris

I thought this site was to assist members with their problems, NOT to insult them like you have with this member martianjoe, if you cannot be civil then please do not bother to post your sarcastic comments on here. If I could assist martianjoe thenm I would. Remember, you may be in the unfortunate position one day straightalker to need assistance.

Originally posted by boris@Oct 17 2004, 03:42 AM
    I thought this site was to assist members with their problems, NOT to insult them like you have with this member martianjoe, if you cannot be civil then please do not bother to post your sarcastic comments on here. If I could assist martianjoe thenm I would. Remember, you may be in the unfortunate position one day straightalker to need assistance.
    this site does assist members and VISITORS, I was a guest here for ages before i registered to be a member , nobody was insulting anyone, the post was started by martianjoe and answered by more than one member as well as the moderator who has a vast knowledge of computers , WHY should members keep repeating themselves,if people do not trust the advice offered then it is as i stated pointless asking in the first place. and YES i have been in this position before and needed help but unlike some i trusted the advice given sorted my problems and became a member and learned a vast amount of knowledge from the good members who give help,perhaps if you were a member we could avoid people having to read comments such as this as you could email or send me a private message.

martianjoe

could sum1 please advise me if it is safe to end task of explorer in the close program box, if so, will it return to the close program box like the other programs that I end?

I find it all very confusing with the good people who have posted information already, however, when I read official bulletins from microsoft they say the opposite, so is it no wonder one is confused?

troll watcher

TROLL ALERT
    GO AWAY TROLL OLD V MEMBERS WONT FEED YA

boris

well, thats a lovely intelligent reply isn&#39;t it to someone seeking assistance, has it ever occurred to you that martianjoe maybe quite illiterate where pc&#39;s are concerned, a little bit of understanding would not go astray would it?