Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

BerkshireDude

Hi

I'm looking for Boot Log Analyzer. It appears that the site is down:

http://www.vision4.dial.pipex.com

Anywhere else to download it from? Most places I've been to link back to the above site.

Thanks
    BerkshireDude

Super Moderator

Since your a regular here, you should already know to read the pinned topic How to Request an App if your not certain on how to make a request, then add the necessary info back into this thread.

BerkshireDude

Hi

I'm looking for Boot Log Analyzer. It appears that the site is down:

http://www.vision4.dial.pipex.com

Program Name: Boot Log Analyzer
    Current version: any (don't know what versions are available)
    Desired versions: any (don't know what versions are available)
    Description: Boot Log Analyzer helps you figure out a file you can create at startup called bootlog.txt which is located in the root of c:\

After a clean install of Win98SE, the boot up time was close to 4.5 minutes. I got some help at WinMag.com with an article called "Fixes for Windows Slow Startup ". I had to disable my 3com ethernet card in Device Manager (since I don't use it anyway.) Boot up is much faster now. But still curious about Boot Log Analyzer

Anywhere else to download it from? Most places I've been to link back to the above site. Or email mail it to paulx146@hotmail.com. I believe it is only 343K.

Thanks
    BerkshireDude

Grandma (moderator)

Is this the program you want?

Boot Log Analyzer 1.23

Super Moderator

Originally posted by BerkshireDude@Aug 19 2004, 09:14 PM
    After a clean install of Win98SE, the boot up time was close to 4.5 minutes.
    What processor do you have? I've never had a machine take 4.5 minutes to load. And i have run Win98se on a 200Mhz Non-MMX machine, and it never took that long to load.
    Try disabling the Quicktime, Winampa, Realplayer start up apps, if you have them.
    Use RUN, MSCONFIG to disable these loadtime apps.

Matt

This is a small program Microsoft made to speed up boot times. They took the old version of their website so use the old one at your one risk. They released a new one though, I would suggest using tyhat one. The program itself is complicated to use so I would suggest folowing the instructions on this page. You can also download it there

Matt

Sorry, Just realized that the program is only for Windows XP :huh:

BerkshireDude

In response to your question:
    What processor do you have? I've never had a machine take 4.5 minutes to load. And i have run Win98se on a 200Mhz Non-MMX machine, and it never took that long to load.
    Try disabling the Quicktime, Winampa, Realplayer start up apps, if you have them.
    Use RUN, MSCONFIG to disable these loadtime apps.

The bootlog analyser helped, but somehow (don't remember) I learned that during bootup, the computer was trying to communicate with the '3Com Fast EtherLink XL 10/100Mb TX Ethernet NIC' device. So I disabled it. I have not had a slow boot up since.

I'm not sure why Win98SE tries to communicate with the ethernet card and win981st does not.

In fact, I'd probably be using WinXP if I could figure out how to get my modem to work. I understand WinXP does not assign system resources. Most of that stuff is a little beyond me.

Thanks for your reply. Sorry it took 4 month to write back.

Thanks for maintaining this site.

BerkshireDude