Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Outlook Express

ibrahim

I am using brodband connection but outlook express doesn't work with me. Can anybody help with this problem?

Originally posted by ibrahim@Sep 10 2004, 08:56 AM
    I am using brodband connection but outlook express doesn't work with me. Can anybody help with this problem?
    So do I and it works fine with my broadband, who's your ISP?

One possibility....
    Did you just switch from using dial-up?
    Check this:
    • Open Outlook Express
      Click on "Tools"
      Scroll down and click on "Accounts"
      Highlight the E-mail account and click on "Properties"
      Click on the "Connection" tab
      The box next to "Always connect to this account using" should NOT be checked.
    If you have it checked, OE may be attempting to dial, out using your old provider, on a modem that is not functioning. If you leave it unchecked OE should use the existing connection.

Beta

I use Outlook 2003 but I think the setup should be more or less the same. I think you should be looking at the connection option. A lot of broadband connections connect via a LAN. My broadband in outlook is configured ''connect using my local area network LAN''.
    Also if your broadband is connected using a LAN, and a dial up dialogue box pops up when you try to connect, check the box ''Never dial a connection''
    I'm sure that Pete or any others better acquainted with setting up Outlook Express will eventually steer you in the right direction.

Super Moderator

Due to Microsoft's insistence of making all its apps run macros, scripts, execute code. You may wish to reconsider using Outlook, as it is too easy to becomes viral infected using this client.

Mozilla's Thunderbird is simple to get up and running and works well, maybe even better than Outlook.
    Eudora is also a nice client, older Eudora versions are hosted on this site. You can find Thunderbird at.
    http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/

Thunderbird 0.8 is Mozilla's next generation e-mail client. Thunderbird makes emailing safer, faster, and easier than ever before with the industry's best implementations of features such as intelligent spam filters, a built-in spell checker, extension support, and much more.

[QUOTE=ibrahim]I am using brodband connection but outlook express doesn't work with me. Can anybody help with this

what is the problem? i build computers i might be able to help

[QUOTE=Iceman]
    Quote Originally Posted by ibrahim
    I am using brodband connection but outlook express doesn't work with me. Can anybody help with this

what is the problem? i build computers i might be able to help
    considering the age of the post and the member not being seen since i would expect hes no longer around

Gold

Default thunderbird

Quote Originally Posted by locustfurnace
    Due to Microsoft's insistence of making all its apps run macros, scripts, execute code. You may wish to reconsider using Outlook, as it is too easy to becomes viral infected using this client.

Mozilla's Thunderbird is simple to get up and running and works well, maybe even better than Outlook.
    Eudora is also a nice client, older Eudora versions are hosted on this site. You can find Thunderbird at.
    http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/
    Hi I was wondering , I use Mozilla 1.7 has my main broswer is it possible to upgrade just the email or would I have to upgrade the whole thing to 1.8 . I don't have a problem with 1.7 and I don' t see runing thunderbird as a stand alone , if I have the same thing in 1.7

Super Moderator

Mozilla is a suite application. So to upgrade the e-mail client, you would have to upgrade the suite, which would be the E-mail, Browser and Composer.

Firefox, and Thunderbird are using the same code base as Mozilla. But they are separate packages, Which can be updated individually.

Mozilla is being replaced with Seamonkey. So you may soon be unable to upgrade the Mozilla Suite in the near future. It might be time to look at Firefox and Thunderbird or check out Seamonkey.

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/