Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Gold

Quote Originally Posted by locustfurnace
    If it was written in 1993, then it could not have been meant for Windows 95. Which came out in 1994/95. So it is likely either a DOS program or a Windows 3.x version.

If it is meant for DOS, Great. You can download Bochs and download a image of FreeDOS.
    Then you could setup your program and run it via the emulator and with FreeDOS.
    If you already have DOS installed, then you might need to load the mouse driver for DOS via the autoexec.bat command.

Now if it was meant for Windows 3.1. It should run on Windows 95.
    Setting up BOCHS is not difficult. Plus it should have its own mouse driver.
    If you end up needing to use BOCHS you should read the README files and any documentation on the website.

Honestly, it has been a long while since I have used Bochs or any emulators infact. These emulators are not terribly difficult to setup. But you should read and become familiar with them. It won't be as simple as installing your typical MS Windows program. Since you are familiar with DOS, thats helpful

How do I find the mouse driver in autoexec.bat, do I need to open in dos or can I go through windows ,I also have the floppys to upgrade from dos 4 to dos 6, are there any sites running that carry info on working with dos in exsistence any more or all they all dead