Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

They receive too much email to personally reply back to each sender.

Originally posted by FAQS@ http://www.oldversion.com/contact.php
    Unfortunately we cannot guarantee a response to every letter due to the overwhelming amount of mail that is received.

Broke as Hell

ah.

Release Candiate 2

I dunno where else to post this, but under the "Contacts" section of the "Help' menu in oldversion.com there's a email submit@oldversion.com that says "to submit a file." That's great, but how 'bout some more info on the matter. THX!

Super Moderator

Under each board is a little description. For the OldVersion.com board it states "Broken links? Wrong information? Post any comments directly related to the web site."
    This board would be for any comments regarding the actual website. The how to submit question you have, would go under there (moved there now), with the other threads of same topic.
    Not sure what more info your wanting to know, but you can read through the older threads for a possible answer to your question.
    Can start with this one
    Can I Submit Old Versions?

topics merged

Yeah,OK.......Your Right

The Dude

Release Candiate 2

That's odd, I actually started the thread in this link, I guess the problem is that it's difficult to find my posts as they get lost real fast. THX for the link!!!!

Super Moderator

Just because you post a thread in a board, does not mean it will stay on top of the heap, since this site is very active, alot of posts get pushed down extremely quickly. This is why its better when posters are members then they can easily find previous threads they posted.
    You posted this message in a differnt board, and it was moved to the proper board (this one), thats another way threads get lost, is when someone posts they cant rem which board they posted it to, or they posted to an incorrect one.

Chris Wood

[i]Originally posted by seskanda+Mar 15 2004, 07:20 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (seskanda @ Mar 15 2004, 07:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>I&#39;d like to submit some old versions, but I don&#39;t know to do this?[/b]
    Originally posted by locustfurnace@Mar 16 2004, 07:20 PM
    submit@oldversion.com - to submit a file
    <!--QuoteBegin--Contribute@
    http://www.oldversion.com/contribute.php
    ]
    There are three ways to contribute to OldVersion.com.

Most people get to OldVersion.com by searching for an old version of some program and know old versions are hard to find. What you may not know is that we acquire most of the files that are listed here from contributions by our visitors. If you have any old installation files please contact us. Even if you have no use for some version, there are others out there who are desperately seeking it.
    [/quote]

That answer is very vague - no wonder seskanda asked that question. The FAQ needs to address the following queries:
    • How should I submit a file? By sending an email attachment? What information do I need to send with the attachment? Should I send .exe files?
    • What kind of programs should I submit? Do you want old versions of games? What about DOS or win16 applications? I don&#39;t want to waste time sending you programs that you won&#39;t host.

Another helpful FAQ item:
    • What other sites are there that archive old versions?

Note that I know the answers to these questions, after reading a few threads on this forum, but the point of a FAQ is that people don&#39;t have to search through the forum for answers.

must admit i was thinking the same thing, there is no exact saying how to supply material in the faq section and just dropping the link in there LF is a bit of a cop out to chris woods comment