Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    MaybeIwillsubmit

Quesition: email is not that good protocol to submit files, why not open an FTP account? much easier/faster/safer.

I still remeber the old BBS days, email is NOT a replacement to FTP.

Release Candiate 1

locustfurnace

Sorry to be such a nuisance, but you are much more sophistcated.

Yours posted seem to indicate that if I click on the Link in your post,
    I will be directed to the reason that the two versions of End It All that
    I submitted to this Website do not appear:

"Nov 16 2004, 12:33 AM

QUOTE (LRI41 @ Nov 15 2004, 09:25 PM)
    Within the last week or 10 days I submitted to Old Versions
    both Version I and Version II of End It All, but I haven't seen in on the Board

About submitting files to Oldversion.com, You can read the existing thread on this topic here.

http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index...=ST&f=5&t=2959 "

"Posted: Nov 16 2004, 10:08 PM
    QUOTE (LRI41 @ Nov 16 2004, 05:02 PM)
    About submitting files to Oldversion.com, You can read the existing thread on this topic here.

http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index...=ST&f=5&t=2959

Not sure what this has to do with either "My Post" or the orgianal
    Request looking for End It ALL.

fact that I have also submitted Version 6 of Ad-Aware which is no longer the current version since SE is as well as "Super Format" which allows a more kbs on a Floppy, but this doesn't work with XP or NTFS .
    and like the End It Alls no posting on the Board. So I guess I have to wonder whether I should go to any further trouble to submit programs which I think may be valuable to others or just furnish them to Witts End.

The reason i posted the link, was so you could read it, and see the reasons why the files has not appeared on the site. This is related to the question you posted about your files, not to the original."

But when I click on them all I get is:

Programs
    Discuss any software listed on OldVersion.com.
    Forum Led by: locustfurnace 491 2580 Nov 18 2004, 05:17 PM
    In: What File Sharing Program I...
    By: leave_me_alone_0001
    Requests
    Request old versions that are not available at OldVersion.com.
    Forum Led by: locustfurnace 1420 4555 Nov 18 2004, 02:17 AM
    In: Timeline Maker
    By: Goslow
    OldVersion.com
    Broken links? Wrong information? Post any comments directly related to the web site.
    Forum Led by: locustfurnace 189 695 Nov 10 2004, 02:34 PM
    In: Thank You Oldversion.com
    By: Trancelover

Super Moderator

If your sending apps that are not a variance on what's presently hosted, it may take a while before it is in the archive, so dont think that by sending somefile.zip, that you will see it hosted the following day.

Just because you email files, does not mean they land on the site immediately.
    I sent many programs in over a year ago, and they never made it on the main site.
    Out of the dozens I have sent, I believe 1 did land in the list.

Don't be discouraged into sending in files, I do not know what Ablix or Igor have planned for the future.

Beta

Originally posted by locustfurnace@Nov 19 2004, 03:05 AM

Don't be discouraged into sending in files, I do not know what Ablix or Igor have planned for the future.
    Commenting purely as an average member with no significant input into providing this board with links to old versions of software it would seem that there is a core of dedicated members and a moderator who provide a tireless service to all and sundry who request help with obtaining old versions of software.
    Logging on daily to the site I notice that occasionally one of the two admin are present but do not seem to give any direction as to how the site should progress, and any posts specifically addressed for their attention pass without comment.
    It would seem that the moderator and a handful of members are carrying this site with little support from the administration.

I would invite the administrators to comment on any future plans and to address any frustrated ''would be'' contributors to old versions.
    Perhaps a daily/weekly/fortnightly/monthly dialogue would be helpful to relate to the membership ?

Originally posted by Jaime Andrés+Nov 18 2004, 09:11 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jaime Andrés @ Nov 18 2004, 09:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--locustfurnace@Nov 19 2004, 03:05 AM

Don&#39;t be discouraged into sending in files, I do not know what Ablix or Igor have planned for the future.
    Commenting purely as an average member with no significant input into providing this board with links to old versions of software it would seem that there is a core of dedicated members and a moderator who provide a tireless service to all and sundry who request help with obtaining old versions of software.
    Logging on daily to the site I notice that occasionally one of the two admin are present but do not seem to give any direction as to how the site should progress, and any posts specifically addressed for their attention pass without comment.
    It would seem that the moderator and a handful of members are carrying this site with little support from the administration.

I would invite the administrators to comment on any future plans and to address any frustrated &#39;&#39;would be&#39;&#39; contributors to old versions.
    Perhaps a daily/weekly/fortnightly/monthly dialogue would be helpful to relate to the membership ? [/b][/quote]
    Believe it or not, we are busy people. Some administrators attend college, and together we work &#39;under-wraps&#39; on various projects to eventually improve OldVersion.com.

We think about the big picture, your contributions rarely get lost; they are all archived and are useful to us in one way or another. This forum is a community. The whole purpose of the forum is for our visitors to communicate with each other, and a few lead contributors help out with requests, technical support, and everything.

We get an unimaginable amount of email for tech support, and have a handful of legal issues that need to be addressed.

I&#39;m sorry if you don&#39;t think we are working on the very own site which we created, but we very much are. Keep checking back, and sometime in the near future you shall, perhaps notice a significant change on our page.

You shouldn&#39;t post specific questions addressed to us publicly on a message board. If you have specific questions for us, email us. I&#39;ll reiterate the fact that this board is a community made by you, not us. Locust does a great job of keeping things together, and overall we are extremely satisfied to the work he puts in to improve the forums. It definitely does not go unappreciated or un noticed.
    Alex Levine
    OldVersion.com
    Helper

Beta

Thanks Alex for your response which was all that was needed.

VampYre

Going thru some older cdr&#39;s that I have all my older install files on, and ran across serveral that are not listed on the site. Seeing how some files are larger than 5 megs, what would be the approiate way to send them in? Email might not work from this side.

Surkow

Hello,

I&#39;ve send a almost a year ago a beta version of WinAmp to this website (WinAmp 3.0 Beta 3 days (02/08/02) build #466). This version is quite different from the normal 3.0 version of WinAmp. So I would like to know if I didn&#39;t send it properly to the email address of this website or if it&#39;s not important enough to put it on the website.

Steve Haney

Originally posted by Broke as hell@Mar 18 2004, 03:17 PM
    I want to submit Kazaa 2.6.0 as Kazaa/Sharman Networks released Kazaa 2.6.2.

I tried to send an email to submit@oldversion.com but all I get are errors... :blink:
    I get errors also. Emails to submit@oldversion.com get bounced (even blank ones). Emails to support@oldversion.com go through OK.

Here is the error message at my end:

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

submit@oldversion.com on 4/22/2005 1:44 PM
    The message cannot be delivered due to a configuration error on the server. Please contact your Administrator.
    < oldversion.com #5.3.0 X-Unix; 73>

Any other address I can use?

Steve Haney

rsrikanth05

I have the original Gnutella client so you could put it up here.
    Email me at rsrikanth05@gmail.com or Contact me