Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ad-aware Help

semysig

Q: what's the latest version of Ad-Aware that will work with the current updates? The newest version from their site won't install on my computer.
    The old one worked, but it won't update anymore because they've purposely made all but SE incompatible with the new updates.

Originally posted by semysig@Dec 5 2004, 09:38 AM
    Q: what's the latest version of Ad-Aware that will work with the current updates? The newest version from their site won't install on my computer.
    The old one worked, but it won't update anymore because they've purposely made all but SE incompatible with the new updates.
    why will the se version not install on your pc ? do you get a error message ? p erhaps there was a problem with the download thats stopping it installing, also it could be perhaps because you still have the old one installed or have you removed it ? i believe the only updates available now are the ones for the se version anyway. i would check out the system requirements on the app to try and find out why it will not install, i am a firm believer in new is not always better but in the case of this app you really need to keep up to date for it to be effective.