Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MyIE2

Originally posted by guest_XtremeJuice+Sep 4 2004, 05:11 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (guest_XtremeJuice @ Sep 4 2004, 05:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--pun@Sep 3 2004, 03:12 PM
    as a simple search would have reveiled.

Please read How To Request an App
    there&#39;s atleast one of u on every forum. . . . <_<
    and yes i already performed a search. . . . sorry if searching for &#39;MyIE2&#39; didn&#39;t turn any results
    [/b][/quote]
    For every One of me there is 500 of you. Too lazy to actually read the full page you are looking at. If you did read the full page you would have seen the default search set at 30 days. If you though about this default setting it might have occured to you to re-set this search to Any Date. But no, instead you snap at me, who did the work that was beyond you to do. I did put the right link into the post but when it was merged the link became useless so I deleted it.

I really don&#39;t need the info I have listed in my Signature. It was added for the 500 to 1 people that come on here, claim to have searched and got no results. But later 1 of the regulars go back, perform a search and find the information.

Originally posted by pun+Sep 4 2004, 05:55 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (pun @ Sep 4 2004, 05:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -guest_XtremeJuice@Sep 4 2004, 05:11 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin--pun
    @Sep 3 2004, 03:12 PM
    as a simple search would have reveiled.

Please read How To Request an App

there&#39;s atleast one of u on every forum. . . . <_<
    and yes i already performed a search. . . . sorry if searching for &#39;MyIE2&#39; didn&#39;t turn any results
    For every One of me there is 500 of you. Too lazy to actually read the full page you are looking at. If you did read the full page you would have seen the default search set at 30 days. If you though about this default setting it might have occured to you to re-set this search to Any Date. But no, instead you snap at me, who did the work that was beyond you to do. I did put the right link into the post but when it was merged the link became useless so I deleted it.

I really don&#39;t need the info I have listed in my Signature. It was added for the 500 to 1 people that come on here, claim to have searched and got no results. But later 1 of the regulars go back, perform a search and find the information. [/b][/quote]
    puny i think you need to take a chill pill, For every One of me there is 500 of you. Too lazy ,, thats a bit of an insult, most likely to turn a thread into an argument , this forum gets enough crap and spam already without this, a wiser person would of ignored this, dont make bickering the normal when something doesnt quite suit you its not worth it m8

Originally posted by Guest@Sep 5 2004, 02:08 AM
    thats a bit of an insult
    Oh I see. But calling me puny all the time isn&#39;t intended as an insult? The slurred remark
    there&#39;s atleast one of u on every forum. . . .
    isn&#39;t intended as an insult?

But I&#39;m to ignore all insults directed at me, NOT HAPPENING.

While I like finding old versions of programs for people I see no need to have to find the same program 40-50 times. I told xtremejuice the same information locustfurnace would have posted, namely, Do a Search and read How to Request an App, but because I&#39;m just a member and not the mod I have insults directed at me. I can see why there are only a dozen or so searchers on here and why some of those searchers seem to vanish for months at a time.

Super Moderator

Originally posted by pun+Sep 5 2004, 04:53 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (pun @ Sep 5 2004, 04:53 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>I told xtremejuice the same information locustfurnace would have posted, namely, Do a Search and read How to Request an App, but because I&#39;m just a member and not the mod I have insults directed at me. [/b]

Being a mod has definitely not made me immune to being insulted when i do exactly the same thing, you can find many threads where those lazy posters feel the need to lash out when I point them back to the HOWto.
    <!--QuoteBegin--pun
    @Sep 5 2004, 04:53 AM
    I can see why there are only a dozen or so searchers on here and why some of those searchers seem to vanish for months at a time.[/quote]
    Some searchers have never come back. For a long stretch of time, there were only 2 regular searchers, Goslow and myself. That was the time I pinned those topics.

I don&#39;t feel calling someone lazy as being an insult. I believe it is just stating a fact. If a poster will not follow the guideline set before them, and how difficult is it to fill in this info, then they are being lazy. It is the first topic and pinned, it is impossible to miss, its just missed due to choice, they chose not to take the time to read it. Thats being lazy. As they only post a quick "I want this file" and expect all the searchers to spend the time tracking down where the file comes from, who developed it, which version is current - so we don&#39;t end up posting the current version.
    That&#39;s being lazy. Searching before posting, this is the norm on ANY forum. If one does not search before posting - to the best of their ability, then thats being lazy, not wanting to take the time to help themselves.

i was merely pointing out to PUN that being choppy is not always the best route to take and i noticed he seems to have a short fuse and is easily iritated , as me adding the letter y to his name, no insult meant at all just to highlight how he is easily irritated, both PUN and LF are easily the best searchers there are round here as well as GOSLOW when he has the time to visit, your answers to others problems are excellent as well, i mainly wanted to makea point that calling a poster lazy which i agree it is lazy just leads posters throwing insults back and bad reading for everyone else, any way guys this is running well off topic and i dont want to ruin a good thread so thats it from me.

TAKE2
    (;
    Originally posted by pun@Sep 5 2004, 04:53 AM
    ...but because I&#39;m just a member and not the mod I have insults directed at me.
    ... searchers seem to vanish...
    Being the royal/mod "taster" was an honoured if temporary position in days of old pun so keep up the good work as long as you can stomach it. (excuse the pun)
    Unfortunately I have become malnourished and debt laden waiting for the O.V.paymasters check to arrive, therefore I foolishly went and got a real job whose paymaster expects similar service to "lazy requestors" but whose checks are more reliable, unfortunately it leaves little time to dig for treasures.