Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    psyclone

i can't load any pictures from my camera. this is what shows on my screen (IDE_ACDStd.apl) i am at the end of my rope.

not nearly enough information for help on this one ? please tell us what type of camera and type of connection it uses IE usb lead etc , also the spec of your pc and what os you are running, many people have purchased cameras only to find it they are not compatible with the os they are running. have you used this camera before or is it new ? have you installed the correct camera drivers etc ? please add more info and im sure an answer will be found

Originally posted by psyclone@Sep 13 2004, 09:56 AM
    IDE_ACDStd.apl
    Sounds like you are running an ACDSee as a pic viewer. I found this Plug-in for ACDSee viewers that might help:

http://niks.lanck.ru/exchange/ACD%20System.../IDE_ACDStd.apl

have you tried right clicking on ya image files and selecting open with image preview ? jsut to see that the files are ok when you downloaded them from your camera

lily

This link doesn't work!!!

http://www.acdsystems.com/English/Communit...-2003-05-17.htm

In ACDSee, go to Tools | Plug-in Settings and deselect check-boxes for unused plug-ins. Plug-ins can be reactivated at any time if needed.

You can choose which plug-ins to deselect by activating and reviewing the lists of plug-ins by type using the tabs in the Plug-in Settings dialog box.

Image Decoding Plug-ins: These are the plug-ins that allow ACDSee to view 40+ different image formats as well as various sound and video formats. Most ACDSee users only need to view the most popular image, sound and video formats. These image formats are all covered by the first image decoding plug-in in the list called, IDE_ACDStd.apl (also called the Standard Image Decode Library). Likewise, the most popular sound and video formats are all covered by the ID_Media.apl (also called the ID_Media PlugIn). Users of other imaging and multimedia programs should recognize the additional image decoding plug-ins they should keep active.

Image Encoding Plug-ins: These plug-ins enable you to convert pictures from one format to another. Most users can safely deactivate all but the first image encoding plug-in called, IDE_ACDStd.apl (also called Standard Image Encode Library), which covers the most popular types.

Archive Plug-ins (Including ZIP Archives): Your particular version and/or bundled package of ACDSee determines how many archive file types you are able to view and create using ACDSee. If you never create or view archives in ACDSee, you can disable them all, but it is probably better to leave ZIP enabled as this is the most common archive type and the one you're most likely to use.

Camera Plug-ins: Again, your version of ACDSee determines how many camera plug-ins will be in this list. Go ahead and deselect all the plug-ins for cameras you do not have.

Command and Pane Extension Plug-ins: These plug-ins should be left as is by all but advanced users of ACDSee.

If the Standard Image Decode and Encode Library plug-ins (IDE_ACDStd.apl) are not at the top of their respective lists, moving them up to the top of the lists can also help. Simply select them by left-clicking and use the Move Up button to bring it to the top of the list.

Look here: http://www.acdsystems.com/english/categori...sproducts/index for product plug-ins ( The Green arrows are free trials)

jaybee

I to am having problems with IDE_ACDStd apl plugin message. But it won't allow me to open at all, I have pics on the hard drive and have used it previously along with a Roxio program to burn on to CD via my Nero Express 5 CD-RW. I enter the pix from flash card connected to USB. Where am I wrong? I don't seem to be able to contact ACDSee at all. Feel like taking a big hammer to it h34r:

Originally posted by jaybee@Dec 18 2004, 12:07 PM
    I to am having problems with IDE_ACDStd apl plugin message. But it won't allow me to open at all, I have pics on the hard drive and have used it previously along with a Roxio program to burn on to CD via my Nero Express 5 CD-RW. I enter the pix from flash card connected to USB. Where am I wrong? I don't seem to be able to contact ACDSee at all. Feel like taking a big hammer to it h34r:
    have you read and followed the whole of this thread to see if the suggestions help with your problem ?

jaybee

Originally posted by straight talker+Dec 19 2004, 08:51 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (straight talker @ Dec 19 2004, 08:51 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--jaybee@Dec 18 2004, 12:07 PM
    I to am having problems with IDE_ACDStd apl plugin message. But it won&#39;t allow me to open at all, I have pics on the hard drive and have used it previously along with a Roxio program to burn on to CD via my Nero Express 5 CD-RW. I enter the pix from flash card connected to USB. Where am I wrong? I don&#39;t seem to be able to contact ACDSee at all. Feel like taking a big hammer to it h34r:
    have you read and followed the whole of this thread to see if the suggestions help with your problem ? [/b][/quote]
    Yes&#33; to that, but the message will not allow me to go to the rcomended areas, would I be better to uninstall it and buy a newer version, or would this plug-in still deny me access?