Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

i am having a similar error. the support link (http://www.acdsystems.com/english/Su...&go.x=9&go.y=4) looked helpful, but didn't resolve it.

IDE_ACDstd.apl won't load; and further, i'm told, it has committed an unrecoverable error, and its execution has been terminated.

i followed the three recommendations above - check that it is enables in tools-plugins; check that the plug in folder is correct, and check to see that the file is not truncated. all ok

then i downloaded the file installer, ran it and rebooted.

now i can't open ACDsee at all! when I do the program immediately closes. what the heck?

as this seems to be an unsolved issue you may want to ask here http://forums.acdsystems.com/ you will have to refister to ask question but you may well find an answer without the need to register, good luck

CMW

Originally posted by Guest@Apr 13 2005, 01:31 PM
    i am having a similar error. the support link (http://www.acdsystems.com/english/Su...&go.x=9&go.y=4) looked helpful, but didn't resolve it.

IDE_ACDstd.apl won't load; and further, i'm told, it has committed an unrecoverable error, and its execution has been terminated.

i followed the three recommendations above - check that it is enables in tools-plugins; check that the plug in folder is correct, and check to see that the file is not truncated. all ok

then i downloaded the file installer, ran it and rebooted.

now i can't open ACDsee at all! when I do the program immediately closes. what the heck?
    Not sure if this will help your problem, but I have been getting an "Unrecoverable plug in error with IDE_ACDStd.apl" occasionally for ages. I eventually figured out that it must be certain files causing it to fall over.

If you go to (this is in ACDSee 4 BTW) Tools - Plug InSettings

Select "IDE_ACDStd.apl", click Properties, click the JPEG icon, then "Format Settings", and untick the "Use embedded thumbnails".

My problem has dissappeared completely. Whether it was due to corrupt thumbnails, or ACDSee 4 not being compatible with them I don't know. Nor do I really care, as it now works okay.

Hope this helps somebody.

Gold

Default Thank you for solving ACDSee problem!

Quote Originally Posted by CMW View Post
    Select "IDE_ACDStd.apl", click Properties, click the JPEG icon, then "Format Settings", and untick the "Use embedded thumbnails".
    Thank you! I have been putting up with this error in certain JPEG's for years. Your suggestion solved it!