Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Adam H

hey guys! My Msn 6.0 really messed up my computer, so when i deleted it, it wouldn't let me dload msn 5 again, or any other msn, that problem lasted me forever, but thanks to oldversion.com, i got my old msn back, and nothing has gone wrong, thanks alot oldversion!

Super Moderator

Originally posted by Brother Grifter@Aug 1 2003, 03:08 AM
    Why don't you go to the microsoft website and find out ! :P
    I think because MS wont have the requirements for past version's.

but including requirements is alittle tough to do. and really is not all that important as it once had been. Due to such major advancements in hardware.
    Unless you are running these apps on old systems, I don't see it being a big problem today.
    I think most people who get old versions either had it on their systems before, or generally have an idea that a certain older version will do the job for them. So it really is not all the importnat to figure this out for all apps. and prolly alot of unecessary work on the forum's owners.

frustrated

thanks a ton locustfurnace!!! i had never heard of trillian before. so i downloaded it, then i downloaded an msn 5 skin, and it works wonderful. thanks so much! months have frustration have finally ended

Super Moderator

Originally posted by frustrated@Aug 1 2003, 07:21 PM
    thanks a ton locustfurnace!!! i had never heard of trillian before. so i downloaded it, then i downloaded an msn 5 skin, and it works wonderful. thanks so much! months have frustration have finally ended
    Good to hear. glad it worked out for you. too bad you didn't come here months sooner then maybe the problem would have be settled then.

The Majestic return of Glory

Well I can't log onto MSN MEssenger 3.6 anymore for some odd reason it says my password is wrong or name is invalid. Is it possible that part of the server is down or something I was just using this about ten hours ago in the morning so I'm just blah...

The Majestic return of Glory

Well I can't log onto MSN MEssenger 3.6 anymore for some odd reason it says my password is wrong or name is invalid. Is it possible that part of the server is down or something I was just using this about ten hours ago in the morning so I'm just blah...

Super Moderator

Yes server could be down.
    i dont run MSN, but wth the amount of postings on here i think i should to get first hand experience with this creatin.
    If the server is down it can give an error, the errors are dumb and really do not know anything real about the connection, they are just prepared messages.
    are you running a firewall? or proxy?
    if yes, check the settings again

Mikenz

I need HELP !!!

A week agi I DL'd Messenger 6.0 and found that it tended to freeze my comp

However now I find I can't get it off my system !
    Mess 6.0 wasn't listed on my Control Panel Add/Delete function.
    Even after deleting the Mess 6.0 folder it's still on my comp.

Everytime I go to install an older version I get the error message that sez no way cos I already have a later version on my computer.

Please HELP me get rid of Mess 6.0 !!!

robertjvan

can't help too much but if you go here someone there can help; you'll have too register to post but it's FREE

Super Moderator

Simply deleting the folder will not remove MOST windows programs, due to the fact alot of the library files are placed in the System folder.
    and some are also placed in the profile of the user.

I do not use MSN Messenger, so i can not tell you exactly what files it used so you can remove, but i will make a suggestion to give a try to Trillian, its a multi-protocol chat client, supports MSN, AOL, ICQ, yahoo all in one.

that might solve a problem so you do not have to remove he MSN, and stillbe able to use the service