Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    bosog

my msn messenger 5 dosent work it says some crap about wrong password or sever are down

Ok in trying to get rid of [after I went through the wizard ] "sign in as your email addy goes here"! I kinda of went to "accounts" and switched it from .net passport to communication services! Since then I had difficulty signing in! It says something to the following effect : Communication services failed b/c the service is temporialy out of service.Please try again later.

LOL trust me I tried again later same old message pops up!

How do I reverse what I did above and more importantly take off that damn "sign in as your email addy goes here" b/c anyone can click on it and talk to people on my buddy list and view my email!

I [ok too lazy to post this in a different topic lol] download msn 6.2 ! Yeah me I can talk to people now! But we all know msn is now "evil" lol joke! I went to my personal settings and went to General! Under sign in I unchecked everything except that MSN today thing! lol I went to Privacy and checked "always ask me for my passoword etc " thing to see if that would work! Well NOPE it doesn't!

Ok next time I turned on my computer I clicked on msn and well it says the following:

my email addy goes here below it is a button that says "sign in" ! Below that a link to sign in as a different user! Now , when you click on that "sign button" it doesn't take a genius to figure out what happens! LOL yup you guessed it it signs me in[not asking me for my password lol]!

Can some please help me with the above! Thanks!

Super Moderator

I do not run MSN, but the first place you should check would always be the developers site for the app in question. As Oldversion.com, does not develop these apps, it just archives them.
    Maybe a visitor can help you soon with your question, but until someone replies, you should read through the MSN FAQ/HELP site.

http://messenger.msn.com/Help/

Trust me I tried! Still "waiting for a response"! So, I thought I would give this site a shot! lol

By the way what happened to my other topic !? I believe I posted it in the Request section! Did I post that in the wrong section! The topic was about I believe msn 6.1 and then someone gave me a link! I responded! I didn't get a chance to download it thought I could come back when I have the chance and time for it! lol

Back to the topic umm I was thinking of doing the following tell me what you think! Deleting msn 4.7 and 6.2 [something about functionality don't remember what it said lol] ! If I then download msn 4.7 [which I notice is on the list] will it make me go through the wizard again? If so can I skip the step where it asks me for my email addy and password? Will by doing what I just said be a quick way to solve my "sign in as put your email addy here" problem [so once I download it ,go through the wizard and then sign in then "sign in as " thing won't be there? Hope this made sense! lol]

Thanks for the link though! When I have the time I will come back to this topic and click on the link again and read through until someone can help me lol

I forgot to say in the being of my last reply someone told me about this site and said I can get help with my problem here! Crosses fingers and thanks everyone in advance for there help!

One more think is msn 4.7 that's offered here the full version or a demo/trial version! I hope it's the full version! That's what I want lol I don't want Beta etc! lol

LOL to whom it may concern half my problem with the new version that is solved ! It now asks me for my password when I click on the link to view my email while on msn! Now just to get rid of the sign in as thingy or force it to ask for my password when I click on the sign in button under my addy and it's all good!

I still want both versions though! lol

Super Moderator

Originally posted by Guest@Aug 25 2004, 08:14 PM
    By the way what happened to my other topic !? I believe I posted it in the Request section! Did I post that in the wrong section! The topic was about I believe msn 6.1 and then someone gave me a link! I responded! I didn't get a chance to download it thought I could come back when I have the chance and time for it! lol
    This one? http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...t=ST&f=3&t=2771

A problem of not being a registered member is when threads get shuffled, you may lose sight of your posts. If you were registered, you can quickly locate your posts whenever they are moved.
    One thing that happens if you post a new thread which has already been started, your post will be merged into an existing thread. Take the time to search before posting, and post into an existing thread, else the thread may be difficult for you to locate.

Yeah that's the one! I thought it was but stupid me didn't scroll down! lol Thanks! I admit I quickly looked through! I didn't realize 6.1 was requested in another topic! LOL Oops! Ok will do next time! I am new sorry that I didn't take the time to check it out! I kind of rushed and was doing several things at a time could explain why I missed it lol! It will take me time to get used to what goes where and if it exists!

I am so glad a site like this exists! Wish I knew of it sooner lol!

Ok when this topic is read delete it please I no longer need it! Oh and to locus can you delete my replies in the link to the topic you gave me!{read my last reply in this topic above this very reply] lol I no longer need to know who responded and what I asked since for one they responded and I now know what topic and section it's in! Thanks for all your help and everyone else's !